Getting to know you... Part 2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Apr 28, 2004.

1. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

the Library of Congress system should be easier for you then - no thinking involved. if you look them up, most of your books should already be assigned call numbers that will be theirs in every academic library. so you don't even have to decide for yourself how to group them. :wink:

2. spatten

spatten New Member

I still think the best method of CD, or music oranziation is autobiographical as suggested in High Fidelity. Pure Brilliance.

My quirky behaviour - freaking out if I can't find my cell phone. Even though I am by no means a techno geek - I feel so lost without my phone.

3. Bob

Bob New Member

Quirks?

I love to quote movie lines (or misquote them to make them fit).

I love to be where people were never intended to be (in a cave, on a rock wall, under water, flying, falling... etc). And I love to find the places where the sidewalk ends.

I rarely see the world the way everyone else does. If I were to go to a tennis match, I would be the one person in the stands who is looking left when everyone else is looking right.

I am really tough in kick boxing class (ohh, I'll kick da HELL outta that bag! Yeah! ) but I still run from the geese in the parking lot.

4. Sabor

Sabor New Member

LOL .. ok people, seek immediate help :shock: .. please.. i'm concerned :lol: :wink:

oh Pacion.. that wasn't for u love.. u r way past any help :bandit: :lol:

5. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Sabor :roll: I wonder why the following words come to mind :roll:

Moonlight was made for a June night
    And June nights were made , dear,
    for love and romance
    For heavenly kisses, for lips sweet and tender
    On this night of splendour
    You're so far away

Come closer to me so I can see
    heaven in your eyes
    Come closer to me so I can be
    close to Paradise

Thrill me with your kisses
    Let me learn what bliss is
    Kiss me once and then we'll kiss and kiss again
    And life will be divine

Come closer my dear
    So I can hear
    music in my heart
    I've waited so long to hear
    the song that youre love will start

Darling I'll adore you :shock:
    Live my life just for you :shock: :shock:
    All I ask is this
    please give me one more kiss
    and whisper you'll be mine :twisted:

Come closer to me (etc!!!!) :lol:

Nat King Cole

:tongue:

6. Sabor

Sabor New Member

hmmmmmm.. so .. what are u wearing right now? :mrgreen:

7. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

don't make me get the hose!!!

8. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Panty hose? Oooh, the very thin and sexy kind that lets us see sus piernas hermosas? :p :D

Si sabor...yo un coquetador tambien...pero es mi vida! :wink: :twisted:

SG

9. Sabor

Sabor New Member

LOL.. ayyyy keep it up hermano.. u get no problemas from me :wink: Viva Scorpios! :ladiesma:

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:roll: :headwall: :headwall: Thanks for nothing! SK and ScorpionGuy :!: As if Sabor needs anymore encouragement! Honestly! :tongue:

:nope: <= especially for you Sabor :lol:

11. Sabor

Sabor New Member

hmmm.. i see.. 8)

so is it true when a woman says 'no' she really means 'yes' and versa vica? :ladiesma:

12. danceguy

danceguy New Member

I think its more a woman can change her intent in the blink of an eye..guys gotta play by the rules, but women get to change them whenever they want! Not fair if you ask me! :roll: :wink:

At least we're honest with our intentions...every lady I have asked to explain to me how they think has said "don't bother trying to learn, we're crazy!" :banana: :uplaugh: :banana:

SG

13. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: Any lurkers/visitors stumbling across this part would get the idea that we are nothing but a bunch of hormon driven teenagers :roll: !

14. Pacion

Pacion New Member

When you guys stop leaving the toilet seats up and the toothpaste caps off, you can then have the right to change your mind ... maybe :wink: :lol:

:tongue: Sabor

lol Chinita. I am a teenager at heart :banana: I don't know what those two have for as their excuse :mrgreen:

15. volleybgrl

volleybgrl New Member

Quirks?

All my money (bills - USD) have to have the presidents' heads facing the same way in either decending or ascending order.

I can typically remember song lyrics word for word, but can't remember what I did last night.

I buy childrens' books (though I have no kids) when I find them funny.

I'll puff up my cheeks with air for no apparent reason (sometimes in the middle of teaching a class!)

When doing work while laying down on my stomach, I have to twirl something with my feet (usually a pillow).

I'm sure there are more...but I can't think of any off the top of my head.

16. danceguy

danceguy New Member

I always put the seat down, even in my own house (and I live alone)! Many women have expressed their thanks for this. :)
    Hmm, same goes for the toothpaste caps...so may I change my mind now pretty please? :roll: :D

My only excuse is to flirt with YOU! :kissme::kissme::kissme::kissme::kissme::kissme::kissme::kissme::kissme::kissme::kissme::kissme::kissme:

Pacion -

With kisses that engulf me,
    You are wild and sultry,
    This woman from the land of kippers.
    Her shoes are on fire,
    Burn with me, my desire
    Dressed in her sexy plaid knickers.
    When I see you dance,
    You put me in a trance,
    Is this meant for romance?
    I'd love to get in your...*bleep*

Sabor - take it away! :D :p

SG

17. Laura

Laura New Member

I have two friends who have been living together for about six months now and the woman complains about these exact things. As someone who has been married for almost nine years, I think they should just get over it. But anyway, the solution to the toilet seat problem is to get a cat. There's no question of leaving it up or down in our house: we have to put it down or else the cat will play in the water, and will splash it out of the bowl onto the floor.

For the toothpaste caps, get Mentadent or anything else in a pump.

Now that that's out of the way, we can get down to what people are REALLY fighting about when they complain about these nitty details.

My quirks are:

I hate being late, to me being late is the same as being lost...except you're lost in time rather than in space.

Before I go through a toll booth I arrange the bills so they all face the same way, and I always say 'hello' and 'thank you' to the booth attendant.

If I make a stupid mistake when I'm dancing in a lesson I'll swear. I've got to cut down on that one 'cause you never know who is listening....

My feet shrink and swell about half a size in either direction on any given day, so I keep all sorts of pads and elastics in my dance bag so that I can adjust my practice shoes accordingly.

I've got a lot more, but that's enough for you. I need to maintain some kind of level of mystery. Or something.

18. Pacion

Pacion New Member

lol SG and Laura.

Try replacing the swear word(s) with something like "apples and pears" :lol: You will have to make a conscious effort initially but the reaction on people's faces when they expect the air to turn blue, especially if you have just stubbed your toe rather painfully, is priceless :lol: I say "sugar" :oops: :D

19. Bob

Bob New Member

I would avoid things like "GET OFF MY FOOT, BISCUIT!" if the music is loud though..

:p

20. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Sexy plaid knickers? :shock: I have heard many things said about plaid but sexy in the same sentence? Now THAT is a first :lol:

Now, if you two butterflies think that I am going to fall for any of your "honey coated words" you have another thought coming :twisted: okay, maybe just the one to "make your day" :wink: