Getting to know you... Part 2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Apr 28, 2004.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

I line up the clasp of a pen cap with the words on the side of the pen.

I don't own a cell phone (most feel I'm truely weird on this one).

I put toilet seats down (mom taught me well), toothpaste caps on, and role the remaining paste towards the nozzle.

When cleaning my house I always start with the bedroom, then the bathroom, then the kitchen, and then the living room.

I hang my clothes in my closet by type of item and then use the colors of the rainbow with white on the left and black on the right.

My bookshelves have books of the same heights placed together, bindings flush with very little space on the edge, in alphabetical order by author and type.

My albums are stored alphabetically by artist/group. My Cd's are stored by type of music. (Maybe I'll make up my mind someday, but maybe is the operative word.)

I'm a procrastinating pack rat that attempts putting more into the time available then is practicle. (Yet I am improving on all three of these!)
  2. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

a quirk that I'm glad I have now is that I habitually remove all my shedded hair from the shower when I'm done... it's the only way to go!
  3. Laura

Laura New Member

That's not a quirk, that's good behavior.
  4. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: Yes, cats are known for their good grooming :wink:
  5. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I throw my clothing all over the house... for at least two hours before I arrange it nicely in the closet. I wash immediately any plates or cutlery after eating and before having my coffee. I am careless with documents (have just lost a very important paper needed for tax declaration) and can never find them!
  6. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

what's underwear?
  7. Bob

Bob New Member

And after the coffee do you read fortune's in the sludge at the bottom of the cup?
  8. Christina75

Christina75 New Member

Ok, I was hesitant about posting anything on this topic. I'm working on getting my compulsions under control. :) I think I'll just share a weird quirk from my past.

I didn't learn to tell time (on a regular non-digital clock) until I was about 12 or 13. I'm not sure why, I must have missed the lesson in second grade on telling time. lol

To this day a tiny part of me panics when someone asks the time. I think I'm not going to be able to read my watch. :lol: :?

Christina
  9. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Whenever someone asks me about right or left, I have to mentally put my right hand over my heart like I'm saying the Pledge of Allegiance. That way I can tell right from left.
  10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I have a scar on one of my hands. One of my childhood memories is asking my elder sister which hand the scar was on, so that I could use the scar as a reference point to remember my left from my right :oops:
  11. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

You guys have NO idea how relieved I am to hear that, GR & Pacion...!

I am incredibly bad at telling my left to right, so when I give directions (as a passanger to a driver) I always panic a little (I won't mention how many times this resulted in arguments with my exs :roll: ) then point it instead.

This, obviously, made it really hard for me to learn dancing at the start, let along trying to read all these great discriptions of steps/moves from some of our threads :oops: ......
  12. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Just thought of one: I always eat fruit before a meal. About half an hour before, never after.

The theory is that fruit acid isn't good when your stomach is busy trying to digest your meal. I used to have a lot of problems, but since I've started eating this way it's been all good 8) .
  13. Christina75

Christina75 New Member

Ok, I thought of another comment for this thread. My parents have a new puppy and the other day, Mom was telling me how they are trying to teach the puppy some tricks. She mentioned that she has never been able to throw a frisbee. We laughed about how something so simple eludes her and it got me thinking, I've never been able to hula hoop. I don't think I'm a very good salsa dancer and I wonder if the two could be related? :lol:

Christina (no hips) :lol:
  14. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

You just gotta swish your hips around and feel the music, Senorita!
  15. Bob

Bob New Member

and what about for the Salsa? :?
  16. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Here's a quirk of mine:

I'm bilingual but can remember telephone numbers only in one language or the other, not both. Once I have a number in one language, there's no way I can relearn it. When I moved house 12 years ago, I made the mistake of remembering my new telephone number in the "wrong" language, and the only way I could give people my new number in English was to write it down first and read it out. When I moved again 7 years ago, I made a conscious effort to remember my new number in English first (then I get stuck when I have to give the number in the other language...).
  17. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

I can imitate the calls of six species of owls thus far (Barred, Great Horned, Eastern Screech, Long Eared, Saw-Whet, Great Grey)

I collect miniatures pertaining to owls, steam locomotives, guitars (my fave are cherry-red Gibson SG's), and looking for ones of a 1963 Ford Galaxie.

Can't roll my tongue to save my life

Can speak some "Cat" (I live with 2 of 'em)

I quack like the Burgess Meredith Penguin on Batman if something is ridiculously funny.

I can also snarl like a panther/leopard, but not very loud though (it can do a number on your throat).
  18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Did you ever find that Batmobile? All I could find was brand-new ones. Apparently, there's a recent/ongoing Batman cartoon show, complete with vehicles. So, when googling, that's what I found. I wonder if I used the right search terms? :roll:
  19. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Not yet, but I haven't given up the search though.
  20. Bob

Bob New Member

"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to ones courage."
    -- Anais Nin

^ That is awesome.