Good shoes for dance AND walking around

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by EdwinNJ, Apr 26, 2012.

1. opendoor

opendoor Well-Known Member

Simply pick good hicking shoes and take parcel tape along.

If you want to dance, prepare the sole with the tape, and off it goes.

My advice for flashmobs, and spontaneous dancing in mild summer nights ;-)

[​IMG]

2. Nana Eddy

Nana Eddy New Member

woah never thought of doing this. Thanks for the tips!

3. EdwinNJ

EdwinNJ Member

I guess I should update what I did.

I had a cobbler/leather worker change the soles to leather on normal shoes I bought.

Went to S&J leather in Hackensack. They're on Anderson Street. If you know the area you know how to get there; they're at the bottom, where all the shops anfd little hispanic restaurants are, not up the hill in the residential area. Near Anderso9n park.

It cost $49 per pair of shoes. The shoes I bought at Macy's or something, two pairs altogether like $90. Altogether the price still beat the freaking $600 ferragamo or whatever shoes they make in Italy, which seemed to be the only kind of shoe out there wit leather soles.

They did a very good job, the leather seems very sturdy and fast to the shoe, I doubt it will come off even if I riverdance on asphalt. When I got the shoes, I worked the soles over with some sandpaper, which I recommend, because they're TOO smooth at first.

The only downside is they end up kind of heavy. But I don't really care.

Point is, I now have shoes I can walk around town in, and then go dancing with in a club/social dance.

Suede sole shoes are for if/when I do 3hrs of dancing at a time.

4. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

the biggest problem i've found with street shoes is when the soles aren't sufficiently flexible to have a natural flex at the arch so as to allow you to keep your weight over the balls of your feet. that leads to "frankensteining" in one's stride and diminishing the ability to heel lead and toe lead.