gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Well, here's the scenario: Corky Ballas directed/whatnot the new Latin syllabus videos for DanceVision. The "making of" shows him picking up Slavik and Karina at the airport, Karina cooing over Corky's dog, staying at his sister's place in Vegas, buying razors at K-Mart so Slavik could shave, finding a suitable tanning salon for Karina, buying groceries (see Karina try to tackle the self-checkout, and freak at the cost of Red Bull), making breakfast (Slavik makes french toast), waiting forever for Slavik to choose the perfect pair of jeans to wear to the dance studio even though he'd be changing again once he got there (about 4 hours later than scheduled), Slavik and Karina doing the same step over and over because they can't agree on how it's supposed to go, etc. etc. Slavik loosened up toward the end, and it was cute (especially him saying "I wonder who's going to see this?"). I haven't even seen the rest of the video yet -- I immediately watched this part first ;) Toooo funny.

Oh, grateful-item-of-the-day: my Latin coach is back from vacation now (assuming he didn't get stuck in Europe somewhere with all these new flight restrictions). Hmmmm, am I grateful for that or scared to have a lesson after several weeks? We'll see tomorrow night....

2. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Too cool. TOO cool! I need that tape! Link meeeeeee!

T_E

3. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

1) Air conditioning!

2) Upcoming vacation in upstate NY miles away from civilization

3) A VERY troublesome and obnoxious co-worker (who was a cross between Woody Woodpecker and George Costanza) got CANNED!! The office sure is different now! :mrgreen:

4. alemana

alemana New Member

my new shoes.

5. Medira

Medira New Member

Oh goodness....my envy knows no bounds!! What a fabulous, fabulous, FABULOUS experience!

And back on topic...today, I am grateful for the two-hour commute in from home-home. I really needed the nap on the train.

6. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I am grateful for an amazing and supportive husband that lets me follow my dreams....

7. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I am SO grateful for good news from the doctor!!!
    YAY!

8. Medira

Medira New Member

Yay Cat! I'm so glad to hear it. :D

9. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Thanks, sweetie!

10. Medira

Medira New Member

:friend:

11. Twilight_Elena

20€ pocket money from grandma for no apparent reason. Actually makes me sad, because I don't want to take money from her and she's sort of buying me off, but I'm greatful. It's money.

T_E

12. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Don't be sad! I'm sure it gives her pleasure to give it to you.

13. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Off topic, but T. E., is English a second language for you? I thought I'd read something you said in a post that said it was. For the longest time, from your posts I assumed that you were an American or Brit living in Greece.

14. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

good news from the doctor is definitely something to be grateful about...glad to hear it ccccat!

15. Medira

Medira New Member

Okay. It's technically Tuesday.

I'm grateful for my aunt allowing me to couch surf. That means that I only have an hour commute to get to her apartment from the office, since I'm leaving at 1am. *ugh* Better than the two hours I've usually got.

16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

struggling with this today...I guess I am mostly greatful for a few clergy I know who put faith in me when even I wonder why

17. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm grateful for my dance teacher who has taught me so much, and is so patient and generous with me.

18. Twilight_Elena

Yes, English is my second language. I'm all Greek, 100%. I get that question a lot. ;) I can say one thing with a certain smugness: I know my English. I might not know my alemanas, but I know my English. The net is a huge help, too. My grammar is deteriorating with time :)?) and my spoken English is not as polished, but yeah. I can pull it off pretty well. :D

T_E

19. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

T_E, you've got some remarkably good English. And that it's written, to boot--that was always the hardest part of a foreign language for me. Impressive.

Today I'm grateful for Crystal Light On The Go packets, for making it possible for me to choke down water. Without them I'd be lost, and probably having another kidney stone by now.

20. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I'm thankful for lower temperatures, it's not supposed to get out of the 70s all week for the highs!!!
    :banana: :banana: :banana:

I am NOT a hot weather person!

Paula