gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Amen!

As much as I hate my job, I always remember that I'm very fortunate to have a job to go to. And that pays well and has good benefits and good hours. Oh, hell, I could write a book on gratitude for financial security.

2. Peaches

Yeah, especially combined with eggs and cheese and a bagel.

I'll start dieting...tomorrow, lol!

I was "deprived" of the wonderfulness that is bacon until I went to college--tasted it for the first time in freshman year. I can't believe I thought I knew happiness for 17 years without it...

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

most important factoid....it pays for dance;)

4. Peaches

Actually, not really. My paycheck pays the mortgage and all the monthly bills.

DH pays for dance. (I've since stopped whining about getting a maid or a lawn service.)

5. fascination

I love doing the lawn , but yea, maid is out of the budget...because I don't even want to discuss the percentage of both of our incomes that goes to dance...it would ruin the thread and depress me...gratitude anyone?

6. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm grateful for friends and acquaintances who encourage me through tough times with prayer and scriptures.

7. Peaches

Good health and a boss who's willing to go above and beyond to help his employees.

DH just went to hospital via ambulance. I've go no way home b/c I take the train, and the 1st train doesn't leave for another 2 hours. Boss offered to drive me all the way home to my car.

8. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I hope your husband is OK---praying for you.

9. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Oh, Peaches - hope DH is ok!!

Today I am super grateful for the amazing flute teacher/graduate advisor/mentor that I have here - she is so generous with her time and seems to genuinely believe in me, my talent, and my potential, even on days when I don't.

10. PasoDancer

PasoDancer New Member

I'm grateful that I'm free to dance whenever I want.

11. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

Today, I'm grateful that the car repairman said that whatever was wrong in the car was nothing to worry about and it can be taken care of easily/cheaply. $1000 not spent is $1000 saved. Sigh!

12. fascination

now that's more like it:bouncy:

13. africana

africana New Member

wonderful new mattresses that make you push the snooze button a zillion times before waking up :D

14. Novice

Novice New Member

Non-native invasive Himalayan blackberries that grow everywhere around here and bear such wonderful fruit for free. Out of season I'm all for erradication but right now....mmmmmm

15. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I am grateful for a comfy bed and plenty of time to sleep!

16. Medira

Medira New Member

I hope your husband is okay Peaches!! :( :friend:

Today, I am grateful for my iPod. The music sorted into playlists for my mood is just the semi-distraction I need to make it through the work day.

17. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Grocery store workers that, when they see you coming, go get all of the boxes they are saving for you...and help you take them out to the car.

18. Medira

Medira New Member

*giggles*

I can't wait for the gratitude post that states "knowing that you've just moved the last box into your new place and the move is FINISHED!"

19. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Caving in. Grateful for the three-day vacation I'm getting this weekend.

T_E

20. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

There ya go!