gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

neighbors....who take the kids off my hands every now and then so I can clean my house. or post on df. :)
  2. Laura

Laura New Member

Greatful for my non-dancing friends, who missed me while I was working on USA Dance Nationals and are invading my house tonight (in a good way) so we can catch up. :)
  3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

and, isn't it nice to have a completely different "world" to fall back on when you've had it up_to_here with dancing? I thoroughly appreciate my family more than ever....they still love me even when I get lousy results. So, another think the be grateful for!
  4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Update:

DH is fine, at home, and currently driving me crazy with his piano practicing.

Random atrial fibrulation (sp?) which, with massive quatities of meds (gratitude: meds), corrected itself after about 5 hours. Leaving DH very fidgety, hungry, and concerned about all the stuff he needed to get done for his business which he obviously didn't get to. When he started asking for a pen & paper to write his to do list for tomorrow and to brainstorm, I knew he was all better.

Oh, and what happens when you put a musician in an ER room, with nothing to do, but hooked up to a machine that beeps if you do a particular thing? (The machine that goes, "PING!") Answer: You end up with said musician finding new and interesting ways to make the machine beep in various rhythms.:doh:
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thank goodness he is okay
  6. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

air conditioning, air conditioning, air conditioning
  7. fascination

I am so grateful for dh(always am...that's always the unspoken answer) but as I was with one of the engaged couples I am dealing with last night, I was reminded again of how much we have accomplshed and of what a pleasure he has always been
  8. Peaches

I'm taking a page out of Fascination's book today--I'm grateful for DH and the person that he is.

Found out last night that sis-in-law is planning on leaving her husband--married for 13 year, together for about 15. Thought everything was great between them--she's always been head-over-heels for him. And then...this.

She's got her reasons, which make sense, but wow...I'm reminded of how fortunate I am that DH is the kind of guy for whom no work is beneath him if need be. And who's willing to go to counseling to make things work.
  9. Peaches

Ya know, it's interesting. When this thread was first started, I couldn't really think of anything that seemed worth posting about.

Now, though, I've got a backlog of things I can think of that I'm grateful for. I'm "irked" that we're only supposed to list one thing...how can I only be grateful for one thing?!?!

Thanks for starting the thread, Fascination. (gratitude: Fascination)
  10. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Yesterday I was grateful for a client providing me with more business. :cool:

Today, I'm grateful for ... oh, I just can't say this on an on-line forum. :nope:
  11. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

12. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm grateful that everything is going smoothly on the sale of our house and we will be moving in the next week or so.
  13. Medira

Medira New Member

Today, I'm grateful for the fact that I wasn't awakened at 2am by my aunt's cat jumping on me. It's the first night in a little more than a week now where I've slept through the night.
  14. Novice

Novice New Member

Another nightmare didn't come true. It's nice to wake up from those...
  15. PasoDancer

PasoDancer New Member

I'm grateful that I'm NOT a barbie doll. If I were, think of the absolute pr!cks I'd have to deal with!
  16. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

I'm glad my car didn't get stolen. I was searching for my car for 10 minutes in the parking lot before I found it. I was a bit freaked out...
  17. chandra

chandra New Member

I am thankfull for lounging around in bed on lazy mornings!
  18. fascination

thats kind of thw whole point...I was having a very bad week and a major pity party...and I thought...hmmm...anyhow, I also really want to have to prioritize and think about which one I am going to post...and I want to keep doing it...hence the annoying rules...and thanks for the compliment...hug
  19. fascination

I KNOW i KNOW iKNOW!!!!!!!!!;) :raisebro:
  20. Laura

Laura New Member

I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to meet dozens of dancers from all over at Nationals last weekend.