gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

for hubby
    for my student!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Today I am grateful that the Holiday has come and gone with little more than the usual flare. The last week of this year is going to be BUSY and I was grateful for the brief reprieve.

fascination likes this.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

grateful that, for all of the exhaustion, small annoyances, and disappointments that the holidays have brought, all of the really important big stuff is in order and that life is good

4. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

grateful tomorrow will bring my love to me!

5. fascination

wonderful family day

6. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Today I am grateful that I have a warm place to live, a good car to get me where I need to be, and patience to take the time to work my plan.

dancelvr likes this.
  7. fascination

heat...that is all...I am grateful for heat

8. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

That I have the winter break to study for MCAT without the distraction of regular classes

9. fascination

grateful and worried, for dh...I am feelingunder the weather today...some sortof stomach thing...so he is taking our dtr back to school and our son out to ohare...in this horrible weather...and heaven even knows if my son will get out of there tonight..I get to sip peppermint tea and watch bad tv

10. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Grateful that my parents let me park my car in their garage tonight- poor baby wouldn't have started otherwise. Also grateful for the ride I got into work this morning- even a 15 minute walk is no fun when it feels like -45 outside

11. fascination

son made it to oregon yesterday....exceedingly grateful

12. fascination

well actually, more like 3am today

13. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

good music and real love

14. Cal

Cal Active Member

Grateful that wonderful labrador retriever appears to be OK now. He'd been fine this morning, although he seemed annoyed that I wouldn't take him for a long walk in -40 degree windchills. He was running his face through the snow, rolling around in it, and eating it. Brrrr. Then, round about noon he started vomiting, and kept vomiting every so often over the next 4 hours or so. He couldn't even keep down a couple of ounces of room temperature water. I've been totally snowbound since about 9:00 a.m. and there was no way for me to get out to his vet's office. But I managed to get a call through to his vet, and he had me check the tongue and a couple of other things, and said that the snow is loaded with bacteria and that's the likely culprit. Now the dog is getting up some energy again and pestering me to go outside, so I guess I'll have to improvise some kind of muzzle to keep him from eating the snow. But I'll find a way - he's worth it!

15. fascination

today, for the first time since I can remember, I am home alone....glory be

16. Cal

Cal Active Member

Grateful for increase in both energy reserves and metabolism - the adjustment to my thyroid dosage must be kicking in. Resting heart rate will still freak out my primary care physician, but my cardiologist is not concerned - very grateful for that.

17. fascination

for a hot yoga place close enough which offer a class at a do-able time....I feel so much better

18. Cal

Cal Active Member

Oh, wow. A neighbor who has a big trucking business and snow/ice removal contracts with big shopping centers saw our driveway (which could have doubled as a bobsled run) and gratuitously brought his huge, big truck up our driveway to salt it. Wow, wow, wow! So very, very grateful for people with big hearts (and big equipment)!

dancelvr likes this.
  19. CodyZ

CodyZ New Member

Im grateful for life, for this beautiful planet, tho its currently being destroyed, I am still thankful. I'm grateful for my family, and my soon to be born baby boy. Im grateful for all opportunities that come my way, and anyone who tries to help, even if its by saying hello to brighten my day. Im grateful for dance, because it helps relieve the stresses of my day. Im grateful to you, because you read the things I post :)

20. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I'm grateful for out-of-the-blue encouragements. Especially on a Monday.