gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

tonight; spiritual peace, tequila, understanding

stash likes this.
  2. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

That my parents do pretty much everything imaginable to support me while I study for the MCAT. Mom came home from work today and n made the most amazing dinner of chicken breast with lemon/capers, wild rice and carrots. And she bought me a chocolate covered strawberry to eat while I studied. And on Sunday she made me tiramisu from scratch. Thanks mom! Although I'll probably be really fat after my exam:rolleyes:

sbrnsmith likes this.
  3. fascination

co-workers with whom one can vent....and an afternoon tomorrow where I can just pull the covers over my head and hide from all the crap

4. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Am grateful to have three days off work, and no running-around-town errands pending......also for my forethought in installing a wood stove into my house when I bought it.....makes all the difference in the winter during frequent power outages....toasty warm! Finally, I'm grateful that I'm healing well, and may be back to dance lessons in a couple of weeks.....yay!

5. fascination

self relflection and restraint...sometimes people can't be helped....

6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Lots of gratitude for my "new" pro-am partner. She really picked me up at Nashville. We've actually known each other for a while and have danced together before, but this was the first time we went to a comp as a pro-am couple.

7. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I am grateful for friends who 1) can pick up the friendship right where it left off even after months of not speaking and 2) look out for each other.

chomsky likes this.
  8. fascination

for people who havetaken the time to show me gratitude this week...you cannot imagine how deeply I appreciate it on this particularly dreadful week

for dh who loves me even though I am not thin

for hot yoga which is currently saving my soul

for my practice floor, where I can dance anytime I want...alone but I can dance

and for all that I have learned thusfar which has allowed me to be able to enjoy dancing alone when neccessary

cornutt and chomsky like this.
  9. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

wow...this is so nice. you reminded me of how much I loved my practice floor alone. Thanks

10. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Today, I am grateful for my coworker who drives an SUV, and is willing to give me a ride to work. I'm just not up to dealing with all this snow. *sigh* When did I get so.....old?

11. fascination

12. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

Sunny weather after all non - stop snow and rain and 6 miles walk with a friend outside just to enjoy the spring like day

13. chomsky

my hubby's supporting words. he inspired me. I woke up with a goal in life today.

14. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

For someone who unexpectedly sent me a brilliantly conceived "thinking-of-you" gift. Totally motivational for my goal!

chomsky likes this.
  15. fascination

life is so good ...that is all...and everything

chomsky likes this.
  16. chomsky

the sun is coming up...spring is on the way. I saw a huge butterfly yesterday!

17. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

And baseball spring training games have started! :D

18. fascination

a lovely day with my dtr who turned 21 today ...we did vegan lunch and bridal salon...very nnice day

19. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

For the blessing of having the physical ability to undertake some hard work.

chomsky and cornutt like this.
  20. chomsky

For the blessing of teaching a student that I love and loves me
    For the blessing of walking without pain
    For the blessing of having a job
    For the blessing of having a roof

cornutt likes this.