gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I'm reluctantly starting to dig New Pope for some reason. I hope I'm not disappointed.

Happy today for an abundance of popcorn and looking forward to field trip at the end of the month. Since I haven't danced in earnest beyond teaching stuff for a couple months, I'll probably be one of those ghastly cows at studio socials who will make the hallowed threads of DF for "not doing my job" right, though, and dancing abominably. I'll still enjoy the outing, though, and will read DF's social threads by squinting through my fingers.

Really-Really-REALLY grateful for a surprise!new dress. Will post pics when I get it- in fact, who knows- maybe it's an old friend of someone's on here.
  2. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Greatful my 89 year old mom is still healthy and happy
    chomsky, SwayWithMe and fascination like this.
  3. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

The courage to discover dance.

The means to support my dance habit.

The sympathetic neighbors who help catch the dog when she finds the latest hole in the fence.
    chomsky and raindance like this.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

after three decades, a decent relationship with my mother in law...a week with my son....my upcoming trip to Oregon ...and the newest chapter in my dance life even though it is less frequent...also, a mechanic and a dentist whom I can trust...and bosses who I respect
  5. Cal

Cal Active Member

Encouraged by certain suggestions from my Alexander Technique teacher that maybe, just maybe, I CAN overcome some of the recently experienced limitations in the movement of my neck.
    RiseNFall and fascination like this.
  6. fascination

similarly hopefu/gratefull that what was, two days ago, severe pain and almost no mobility in my neck, upper back, and left arm seems to be diminishing....still amazed that something that severe could happen without my knowing how I did it...it is still there today but I think I can go to lessons without being too unremarkable
  7. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

Just have to throw in that I LOVE Alexander Technique. When the local guy and my schedules fit, I consider it almost as good as a dance lesson for working on quality of movement, posture, etc., but, in this case, less expensive (he teaches out of his house so has less overhead).
  8. fascination

grateful for my lessons...see lessons thread if you are curious
  9. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

This is a little sidebar, but, I have studied the Alexander Technique since my beginnings in dance back in the stone age at Lycee, and just introduced it to a teacher trainee. Isn't it the greatest addition to BR? Bonne chance with that.

OK, what am I grateful for? Travelled to Wisconsin this eve, where a fellow came up to me and said, "I was listening to you give your talk, and your voice, presentation, and delivery is amazing. Here's my card. Let's get in touch, and see if we can do something with that other than what you are doing". Yea, prospective opportunity!
  10. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Great friends.
  11. fascination

new experiences
  12. Cal

Cal Active Member

For a Pro who is extremely intelligent and who inwardly cares about his students more than he perhaps is willing to outwardly express.
    chomsky, RiseNFall and fascination like this.
  13. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

for having found my prince. I am still waiting for him to come but I have found him 23 years now. am I lucky or am I lucky in life!!!!Kudos to me! Yupee!
    GGinrhinestones likes this.
  14. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

For my amazing DH, and the 17 years of marriage we are celebrating today. Life is good!
    dancelvr and chomsky like this.
  15. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

For the dance education my last teacher gave me before I had to leave...turns out it was pretty amazing. And for the new teacher, who is taking full advantage of it.

For hot yoga, brilliant blue skies, and the first day of summer.

For my adorable baby niece, who is the apple of the eye of her entire extended family.

And finally, most especially, for my love, who is far away for now, but always right beside me.

It's a gratitude filled kind of day.
    chomsky and fascination like this.
  16. chomsky

I just love this. Thanks for sharing. I am grateful for DH too, cannot put it in words.
  17. chomsky

this. this this. couldn't not have put it in words in a better way. always next to me.
  18. chomsky

same here.
  19. fascination

power back on after 15 hours...will be twice as grateful if they still go ahead and cancel evening classes...got a ton done without internet and tv...going to have to remember that
  20. chomsky

for my holidays, almost two weeks now. I may be at home, but am not home alone, so it's holidays for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!