gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

I am grateful for the few great friends that I have. I am lucky.

2. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I an grateful for the perfect weather today, ocean breezes, blue sky, palm trees...beautiful!

3. Medira

Medira New Member

Today, I am grateful for sunshine. It makes it so much easier to face the day when you can step out the door into warm, inviting sunlight.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am grateful for my jacuzzi today...when I first woke up I could scarcely move...after 20 minuts in there I am almost normal

5. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

My pets that love me unconditionally.

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I am grateful for my family. My nosy, politically-aggravating, demanding, nosy, talkative, prudish, did I mention nosy? family. They're such a pain in the butt, and I wouldn't trade them for a thing. They're not perfect, but they're perfect for me.

If only I could find a way to get them to stop calling at 9am on the weekends...

7. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Maybe just don't pick up the phone? Set the answering machine to pick up after a ring or two or even turn the ringer off until you egt up. Maybe even let them know you won't be picking up the phone before ... whatever time you desire ... on weekends. It might take a few weeks for them to get the hint, but eventually they might stop.

I'm grateful for answering machines. ;)

8. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I can't hear a phone ring and not answer it--it just drives me crazy. (Think Who Framed Roger Rabbit--"Shave and a hair cut...") Even if I turn the ringer off, I'm a light sleeper and can hear the ones downstairs. I've asked them not to call early--they think it's a joke, and they've learned that it's one time that we're reliably in the house. We've got voicemail...I'll find a half dozen messages from the span of an hour--none with any information, just "We've been trying to reach you."

Argh.

I love them, though.

9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

and ice packs ;)

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Thank you for scratching a certain very tall fellow and his partner from Nationals. ;)

11. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm grateful for time spent with my daughter last night.

Love this thread.

12. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino. Yum.

13. mamboqueen

I brought mine into work with me today...and as much as she's pestering me for food, I'm happy to have her here with me. She's made all kinds of new artwork for me to hang on my walls.

14. Novice

Novice New Member

I'm grateful for jalapeno peppers--and clear sinuses.

15. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

I'm grateful nobody noticed I came to work late :)

16. mamboqueen

Lucky you; my boss called me on my cell phone as I was in Au Bon Pain at 9:10. God help me!

17. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

Not to rub it in on you, but I should have instead written, "I'm grateful nobody ever notices when I come late to work, and even if they do, they don't give me any grief" :D

I had no idea what Au Bon Pain was until I looked it up just now. My first instinct was to assume it was some kind of pain :shock:

18. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I'm grateful that I work from home 2 days a week (Tuesdays and Fridays).

Paula

19. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Today, I am very greatful for the courage to stick to my own personal standards regardless of the outcome.

20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am grateful for my kids today...it is back to school shopping day today...open wallet, watch money fly out...but I love them and am going to miss that boy(goes off to college on tuesday)