gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

It was salsa - but a band was playing. Around here, bands seem to take a lot of pleasure in going on and on and on. It's really hard on most dancers to keep going on for that lenght...
  2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I got it. That was a good guess. Trick for me is just to pretend I'm fooling around to the music. I have moved from one side of the room to the other etc...there really is no limit to what one can do if one does not limit oneself to the stationary in place quick quick slow...or quick quick quick tap. I like to move in and out of the music. But then if I'm not into it...then I just can't really do much. So, I guess I'm still working on the faking stuff.

Good for you to do those 12 minute challenges well. :)
  3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Grateful for Joe Torre! Woo hoo! Go Yankees!
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

hmmm...probably somewhere...need to get dh on that...I am rather infamous for being low-tech
  5. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I am grateful for friends, and a possibly near-perfect apartment.
  6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I'm grateful for another day, and another chance to have a better day and feel happy.

Oh, and I'm grateful that I've got the AT teacher that i have. I am continually impressed by his range of knowledge, attention to detail, personality and professionalism as a teacher, and his musicality.
  7. fascination

that first cup of coffee in the morning and like peaches, that promise of autumn in the air
  8. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I'm grateful for Derek Jeter. Anyone who was watching at 1:00 a.m. knows why. In fact, I'm so grateful, I'm wearing my Derek Jeter t-shirt...in Boston. Woo hoo!
  9. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm grateful for friends who share my passion for dance, especially those who go to my church--we have great fun talking about it at fellowship dinners after worship!
  10. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

Not feeling particularly grateful for anything today. Surely, the universe owes me a lot more... :eyebrow:
  11. fascination

okay, try again...hug...
  12. fascination

i am not sure whether you or my pro are more hopeless about ball games:rolleyes: ...remind me to tell you some stories...he is a huge white sox fan
  13. Medira

Medira New Member

I'm grateful for the music that's kept me awake and my moods levelled out today...
  14. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Hm, it's been a pretty mellow day but I decided to try to post on this every day that I have internet access, so, let's see . . .

Today I am grateful for . . . my microwave. Without it, I might starve.
  15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Been meaning to get to this thread for a while...

I am grateful for Dr. Frances Roberts of the University of Alabama-Huntsville. Without her, I probably would not have been admitted to college. In high school, I was "unmotivated", so to speak, and with mediocre grades and no extracurricular activities to speak of, most universities won't give you a second look (I know, I can name several! :rolleyes: ). But Dr. Roberts agreed to give me an interview, and after a long chat, she arranged to get me admitted on probation. I worked my way out of probationary status in two quarters, and went on to earn the first B.S. in computer science that UAH ever awarded.

Right after graduation, I moved to south Florida. I stayed down there for five years, and then lived in New Jersey for a while before finally returning to Huntsville in 1988. Unfortunately, by the time I moved back, Dr. Roberts had passed on. (UAH has a building named for her now.) So I never got to thank her properly. I am taking the opportunity to do so now. Dr. Roberts, and don't try to pretend you haven't been watching: ;) Thank you!
  16. folkfiddle

folkfiddle New Member

I am thankful to have found out about the fun of contra dancing by playing for dances in the band. What a super family activity! Now I still love playing for dances...but have heaps of fun dancing, too! :)
    K.
  17. fascination

Cornutt...that is beautiful...dh has a similar story...and pro doesn't ...and I think it makes all the difference in a soul
  18. fascination

funny, music usually does the opposite for my moods:rolleyes:
  19. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I'm grateful to still be in contact with a particular friend of mine, C. C is my age, but has had a much rougher time of it than I ever did. She's now happily married, and scraping by. They've got a baby girl, who no one ever expected to live, and they're parents to their neice.

Well, C is always good for perspective and cheering up. Granted, it means I get regaled with stories of my niece finding new ways of playing with C's cell phone and vaseline, and dogs leaving presents, but the stories make me laugh.

Thank goodness for friends like her.
  20. fascination

I am grateful for my pro today ...who has worked ceaselessly under the absolutely worst circumstances to teach my sorry self how to do a flippin' awesome spin turn in spite of much whining, pouting, quitting and arguing...
    (and okay, so its the 2nd week and I am gonna cheat a little)I am also really really grateful for some folks on this forum who inspire me with their struggles and triumphs...they know who they are...or at least they should suspect it