gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I am grateful for my DF friends that pick me up and dust me off when I have lost the steam to stand up by myself.... ;)

2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Heck, I rely on you to do that for ME!

3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

:D

4. Medira

Medira New Member

I did my best to select songs to keep me levelled...none of the usual jumping from smooth jazz, to pop-rock, to tango, to samba....

Today, I'm grateful that I have tomorrow off. This week has been obscenely long.

5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Today I am in Dallas, and I am grateful for my ability to tolerate heat. :D

6. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Grateful for youtube. Did someone say Slavik and Karina?

T_E

7. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Hey there, T_E! Good to see you posting on the Gratitude thread!

To build on the Happy & Random Thoughts thread...

Today I'm grateful for one of my dance teachers who worked with me on turns. He didn't seem to say anything particularly different from what my other teacher had said, but apparently something got through differently.

I'm grateful for the way he showed me how to practice them and work on them, because something finally has seemed to click for me, and I'm able to turn with much fewer problems. At the very least, a lot of the fear is gone.

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

today...I am grateful to have the day off and that I still have my dad

9. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm grateful for my job and for my great boss, who is also a personal friend.

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Hopefully that today will be the last day I see contractors for bids for a grant that I got...at least for a while.

On the other hand, I'm taking half a day off to do this, and maybe I can get my lawn mowed as well, while I'm at it.

11. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

I am grateful for my cat, who is the best housemate ever. :) It may sound ridiculous to anybody who doesn't have a pet, but she makes life much less lonely. And being able to watch her change over the last few years from a traumatized, skittish, frightened little thing into a trusting, affectionate friend has been a very rewarding journey.

12. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I am grateful for my friends! OXO Particularly one sweetie who is taking me to the doctor.

Since i missed a few days, I'll say another one...

I am SOOOOO grateful for my kitty!!! We've been together for 16 years, which is amazing, and I'm grateful for every day I have with him.

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I'm grateful to have had a great dance partner for the past year, who while a little gimpy, is dedicated, and has enabled me to improve my dancing (and our dancing together) significantly over the year.

14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am grateful for Laura today....

15. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

16. mamboqueen

a beautiful day. so far....

17. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Prozac.
    Kidding. Um. Deodorant that works and smells nice.

T_E

18. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm grateful for being able to celebrate my 32nd wedding anniversary today!

19. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Ooh congrats SusieQ!

I am grateful for my awesome landlords who have so far promptly fixed everything I've asked without a fuss.

20. mamboqueen

Wow! Good for you Suzie! Congrats ;)