gratitude thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by fascination, Aug 15, 2006.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

2. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Congratulations Suzie Q! Wow!

I am grateful for feeling good today, no pain, and a leetle thinner! TYWG

3. PasoDancer

PasoDancer New Member

quadritto.

I'm grateful for Singulair, and an unexpected financial windfall to buy new shoooooes!

4. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Thanks to all of you! We're going out to dinner and then trying to finish up preparations/packing for our move. Romantic!

5. fascination

for a day off of my lessons...to get my head together

6. chachachacat

Today I am grateful for meditation.
    And nectarines!

7. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I'm grateful that I found dance!!!!

I think that all my life I had been looking for an outlet for my artistic side. I tried playing piano 3 times but my dyslexic left hand kept getting in the way of anything musical coming out of the keyboard. I can't draw for the life of me and when I tried screen printing I had a bigger mess than I wanted deal with.

About 10 years ago I tried tap dancing and immediately took to it. Then, about 3 years ago I discovered ballroom dancing and am truly addicted to dance. I still tap dance and perform in my studio's annual dance recital. This year, I tried a couple of ballroom competitions but my first love is Pro/Am student showcases. I perform in 4-6 showcases a year and don't see that ending anytime soon!!!

Paula

8. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Dance supply store I haven't been to before. Much better than the one i usually go to. :D

T_E

9. fascination

I am grateful for the routine things in my life today(my workout, my lessons, DF, etc)...and for a book that was recommended to me

10. fascination

visiting friends

11. Twilight_Elena

Jose Feliciano. There's nothing like his rumbas. NOTHING.

T_E

12. chachachacat

I am grateful that we are finfished* with the exhausting job of apartment hunting for this** weekend, sitting down! and a nice glass of wine.

* I will lwave this typo in as proof of how tireed I am....
    (leave)
    **the 5th??
    AAAAhhhhhh

13. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

I am grateful that the person who lived here before me left a cabinet full of free cleaning supplies. Windex, 409, Tilex, etc. Free is good.

14. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

HOW much wine did you have?!? :shock:

I am grateful that I watched the Slavik/Karina syllabus video's "making of" section, and got to see them argue and bitch at each other (and shop at K-Mart!). I feel so much better about my relationship with my own partner now (though I know fighting is not a good thing - but sometimes it's unavoidable).

15. chachachacat

16. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

I am grateful that, when I was in New York yesterday, I won the rush seat lottery and got to see Rent from the 2nd row. For only $20! Yay!

Of course, that show brought out so many emotions in me that today has been a little tough.

So, I am also grateful for St. John's Wort tea. :)

17. Twilight_Elena

You mean they shop like NORMAL people? Do they cook as well? :shock: I thought they have minions that do their bidding (like shopping and paying bills - such chores are not for the hands of Champs) and bring them highly nutricious gym food to eat.
    Wow. Do they have, like, houses? I thought they lived in a huge studio. And their minions brush their shoes and stuff, while they practice 40 hours a day.
    Common misconceptions. :lol:

T_E

18. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I am grateful to DH for fiddling with our bed so that I didn't wake up with an incredibly sore back for the first time in...ages.

And for fixing a sagging curtain rod, and liquid-nailing the front door surround, and re-caulking our shower. (Yesterday was a house project day, can you tell?) I'm grateful that he was in the right frame of mind for house stuff, and I didn't have to remind (re:nag) him about his promises.

19. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I'm grateful for good weather for our move and for friends who helped.

20. fascination

am grateful that its a new day