Greek line dancing music... hey, we all started somewhere

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Pirate Smith, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Pirate Smith

Pirate Smith Member

What can I say... Greek Line Dancing was my first and only dance lessons...before I started Ballroom... we all start somewhere... and I currently find myself having to DJ.. a Greek party... and need a list of suggested songs or music.... for the Folk dancing... so.. hopefully.. someone else in this forum....maybe Greek... or could help with the music.... needless to say.. I am going to get paid for this... and in todays US enconomy... I could use the extra bucks... LOLOLOL.... Blessings to all.... Pirate Smith....
  2. 2totango

2totango New Member

When is your party? I'd be happy to give you a list and/or CD selection. A lot of my music, however, is a local band, however, the other music is not whatever is 'current' in Greece.
    Is the party for Greeks? Where is it?
  3. Pirate Smith

Pirate Smith Member

PS.... to other would be dancers turned DJ.... friendly advice.. "it ain't that hard to DJ".... with the computer/laptop.... and a decent DJ program... the computer does most of the work... heck, I am using a "freebee" program I got on the internet... and I am surprised more dancers don't pick up some extra cash by DJ-ing.... again.... it ain't that hard ...... Pirate Smith
  4. Pirate Smith

Pirate Smith Member

2totango... the party is at the end of May.... a Church Social... and yes... it is for Greeks.... I am looking for Tsamikos, Syrtos, Kalimatinos, music... and anything you would suggest.... not sure if I should throw in a few Zeibekiko, so few people seem to know how to dance to them..... I will be teaching a few of the students at the church how to do the Hasapiko.... again... not sure how many others at the party will know how to do this dance also..... I am not a member of this Church.. so I am kind of "dancing in the dark" ....LOLOLOL..... any an all suggestions for music... is greatly appreciated.... my private email address... is "RoiDesOmbres@hotmail.com....Thank you very much... Pirate Smith
  5. Pirate Smith

Pirate Smith Member

side note to 2totango.... I don't know if you know it....but for me, the greatest Tango recording currently, is by Mario Frangoulis.... the best Tango music.. I have come across..... unfortunately.. here in the US... I have had no success with it....because it is in Greek.... still.... great piece of Tango music... for the Ballroom..... Pirate Smith
  6. 2totango

2totango New Member

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Definitely include a couple each of Tsiftetelli and Zembekiko...any Greek worth his or her tzatziki dances these...even the young ones. Traditions die hard. :)

And a "Samiotissa, Samiotissa" would be nice, if I do say so myself. ;)