Hair Pick Question

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by BallroomDancer4Life, Aug 12, 2012.

1. BallroomDancer4Life

BallroomDancer4Life New Member

I am trying to find some reasonably priced hair picks with Swarovski crystals. Any suggestions on where I can purchase these would be greatly appreciated.

2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what a hair pick is, but I would suggest buying them plain and glueing your own swarovskis on.

3. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

I think I know what you are looking for, but honestly I've never seen anything like it when I've been searching for ballroom jewelry. The closest I've seen are stoned hair pins. You will probably have better luck, as Lioness said, finding a plain hair pick and stoning it yourself, which should be easy to do (I imagine finding the hair pick would be the hardest part!)

The other option is to check antique stores and flew markets - you may be able to find some vintage jewelry that would work nicely. NOt quite swarovski, but depending on your level of creativity, your budget, and what you find, you can always add stones or re-stone it if it isn't blingy enough.

4. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I was just thinking flea markets as well. This is where I have seen some over the years.

5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I found some sufficiently sparkly hair combs (not sure if that's the same thing as a hair pick) in chinatown. They certainly aren't swarvoski but they add plenty of sparkle. Making them yourself should be very easy though. Get some clear hair combs (or ones the color of your hair) glue rhinestones on the end and that's it.

6. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

If you have a local "Korea Town" or Chinatown or Japan Town - anywhere near you, typically this is where I find them much much cheaper, with Swarovski stones, than anywhere else. Watch those hair-picks when you spin, I almost had my eye taken out by one from another dancer. lol.:p

7. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

like these things? Found them on eBay.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]