Halloween Costumes!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by hustleNflow, Sep 4, 2008.

1. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Stopped at the party store on my way home from work last night...they're starting to get in all their halloween costumes :D I am such a big kid when it comes to Halloween, I LOVE to dress up! Might have to do 3 different costumes this year, as I did 2 different ones last year (Sexy Elvis at work, and sexy pirate at the bars :cool:). So far I'm digging on this Playboy Cupid costume, a sexy Spongebob costume, and Jessica Rabbit (from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?). What about you guys? Do you get into Halloween at all? Do your studios have Halloween dances? What are you thinking of going as this year?
  2. Me

Me New Member

I have an original Star Trek red dress uniform that I'm thinking of knocking the dust off of. (What? A girl can't be a dork?)
  3. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

No that's HOT! I'm jealous ;)
  4. Me

Me New Member

LOL! I knew me and my sweetie were soulmates when I 'surprised' everybody at a costume party by wearing it and he said, "Oh my God! I should have worn my Voyager uniform! Why didn't I wear my Voyager uniform?" We discovered we were closet Trekkies and tango junkies. Ah, bliss...
  5. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

So cute :) I'm a bit of a Trekkie myself...though the awkward years of junior high and high school were enough for me to refrain from buying the uniform for Halloween :(
  6. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

in my country we didn't celebrate halloween, so this will be my first one. :p

because we had a mascenbal (carnival) in february.
  7. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Ooh yay! Your first Halloween...are you excited??? Have you thought about your costume yet? :cool:
  8. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

I've been wearing "scary" costumes the past two years to dances... Two years ago a skeleton/death jester, last year a nazgul. They've been quite popular, if a bit intimidating... (people found dancing with the faceless nazgul quite odd... the skeletal jester mask didn't seem as weird)
  9. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Maybe you should go as something funny this year then...like...one of the Village People or something :lol:
  10. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

depends how many socials I get to attend this year -- I think the austin power's costume from a recent formation team will make an appearance somewhere. I have a more classic vampire outfit that I bought last year for a competition's costume theme banquet (but the organizers kept giving conflicting messages about if they wanted people to do costume, masquerade, or just normal banquet attire so we all did boring normal attire) Wouldn't mind something more goofy (or Goofy ;) ) if I can find somthing just right....

My main criteria is a) danceable and b) full costume & mask/makeup
  11. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

I love Halloween! The more chance I get to practice makeup technique the better... but I always have to play up my name and go as some kind of cat.... last year I did leopard....it was a huge success... this year though I'm thinking tiger.
  12. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

when it was a carnival in my country it was always fun.

i havent think about the costume yet. i am waiting for my sewing machine yo come so I'll make myself a costume.

but the week before the Halloween i am on a national competition in orlando.
  13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

That's no excuse malakawa, friends are all going to nationals and they'll still be dressing up. :) though last I heard they hadn't decided what theme was going to be for costumes for the pros at the studio.
  14. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

am making a costume ala Meryl Streep in Mamma Mia to wear to the studio Halloween social. Trying to figure out how to dance in the 5 inch chunky shoes, though.
  15. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

i don't know. we will probably have a party in the studio. well, i 'll start to think about the costume.
  16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

The last costume I wore was Pris from Blade Runner. The few people who "got it" appreciated it, but not many did.
  17. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

I was invited to a Halloween party at a friends house last year. The outfit I managed to come up with at the last minute was a devil:evil:
    It wasn't elaborate. Just some horns an a 3 pronged fork and I was ready to go.[​IMG]
  18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Haven't looked at calendar, but believe sister said halloween was on a friday this year. So works out perfectly for parties at most studios. :)
  19. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

correct. it is on friday. and we have party in the studio every friday. :cool:
  20. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

I actually kinda like this costume...

buycostumes.com/SpongeBob-Squarepants-Sexy-SpongeBob-Adult-Costume/33188/ProductDetail.aspx

What do all of you think?