Halloween Costumes!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by hustleNflow, Sep 4, 2008.

1. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

nice and sweat. ;)

2. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok so I did the whole 18th century vampire thing last year. We had fun. Thinking of doing something along the Rococo Period this year. Full out ball gown maybe. Hm .........

3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Wow, what a hot vampire! :D

If I can find a costume for it, I might go as Bender. I do have a guitar amp I can take with me... :p

4. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

grrrrrrrrrrr. :)

5. motardmom

motardmom New Member

I'm a vampire (succubus lol) every year. I made my fangs when I first got into dentistry, they were looking pretty sad last year so I remade them. Then I put on my LBD with my fishnets and stillettos, wear a black cape, rat my hair >>out to here<<, pale my face, darken my eyes, were RED lipstick... basically vamp it up. Just last Tuesday I bought a new bracelet for my costume. It is a silver spiderweb with a spider on it, and it has a chain that attaches a ring, also with a spider on it. Perfect! I already have a large bat necklace. I just need some earrings...... Hmmm.......

Halloween about 10 years ago, I had rushed home from work to be at the door to greet trick or treaters. I still had my scrubs on, looking very much "normal", but I did have the fangs on and a 2x2 gauze taped to my neck with 2 red food color dots on it. Two neighborhood kids come to my door. I was very familiar with these kids, I knew them well and had spent time with them and their family on many occasions. The girl, age 6, looks at me with wide startled eyes and says, "Gosh, I've never seen THOSE before...." To which her brother, age 6, slugs her then replies, "Well, Duh! They only come out when there's a FULL MOON!"

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! It remains one of my favorite Halloween memories.

Last Halloween I went to a costume party/dance. It was missable. *sigh* Now that you've all got me thinking about Halloween, I need to start working on my daughter's Rapunzel costume.....

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

The red dress unis they wore in TWOK?

Did you wear pancake makeup and airbrush black paint over all your eyelids?

7. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

My two costumes from last year:

(links removed)

The pirate was a big hit at the bars...although it did illicit a slew of cheesy pirate-themed pick-up lines ("So, uh...you gonna surrender the booty?"). My customers at Hooters loved the Elvis getup (I wore the glasses too) and I was obligated to do an impromptu version of "Viva Las Vegas" while standing on the bar during a huge rush (Halloween last year fell on Wednesday, which was All-You-Can-Eat Wing Night :shock:) Definitely two of the most fun costumes I've ever worn ;)

8. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Yes I did :cool:

9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

You were a Hooters girl,,therefore, I think you need to go as something against-type --> total frumpdom.

I can't even think of Halloween. Honestly, one of my pet peeves is that they're pushing autumn stuff in stores the first week of September. Our warm seasons are so stinkin' short here, I can't fathom pumpkin scented candles and witch decorations just yet!

10. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, MQ, going completely against the grain like that is fun, but based on the ideas she's looking at so far, doesn't seem to be what she's looking for. :)

Still have no idea what I'm doing. if anything.

11. mamboqueen

yeah, and I'm sure you for one won't mind seeing her in something sexy??!! ;)

A bunch of highschool girls last year got together and went as the girls from that Howie Mandel game show (name escapes me). So they basically wore the same dress and had little suitcases with numbers on them. Thought that was kind of clever. I'm so not creative on this front.

12. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I have very carefully kept any comments to myself. You can't prove anything ;)

13. mamboqueen

you have established a pattern of behavior, amigo! ;)

And besides, I can read minds. Didn't ya know?

14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I've had my suspicions for years that all women can read minds. This just adds one more bit of support to my theory. :)

15. mamboqueen

I'm not so sure that it is that we can read minds so much as that most men are pretty transparent. At least when it comes to hot babes.

16. Laura

Laura New Member

If I go anywhere I will go as the Absinthe Fairy. I will wear my old green ballgown (although it's gotten too big), do my makeup really crazy, and wear fairy wings and carry a little wand I made from green ribbons and sparkly things.

17. mamboqueen

good use of an old costume, Laura. Answers the question: where do old costumes go when they die??

18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I'm still denying it completely. :)

19. mamboqueen

you and oj! :rolleyes:

20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh.

Anyone else out there do themes,with friends/coworkers/whatever? Pros at sister's studio do theme costumed, kinda interesting. Did disney princesses for the females last year (and I think disney princes for the males, but don't remember for sure)