Halloween Costumes!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by hustleNflow, Sep 4, 2008.

1. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

One of the wilder Halloween parties I went to, I went as a gangster. I had an old pinstripe suit from the '80s that was perfect. I borrowed a fedora, and for weaponry, I took a Super Soaker 100. Filled with beer. :D
  2. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Hahha, nice Cornutt.
  3. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

One year I dressed as "Autumn".
    I wore a nude bodystocking and placed fall foliage strategically on myself. Also strapped a stuffed squirrel to my lower leg :p
  4. Laura

Laura New Member

Usually I'm not a fan of sexy costumes because I think they're overdone to the point of being cliche', but your "Autumn" costume sounds great. The squirrel really makes it funny and unique!
  5. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing showed. It was a highly opaque nude lycra. But at first glance.... *heh*heh* :shock: :p
  6. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Our recent ones, some of which coordinate, and some of which do not.

2007--
    ME: Pirate girl.
    DAUGHTER: Professor McGonagall (Harry Potter)....though sometimes, if
    people asked if she was Hermione Granger, she would be kind enough to say "yes."
    ***We wore these costumes for actual Halloween AND for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Disney World in mid-October. (Awesome event, btw!) My daughter informed me I was going as a girl pirate. Okay, cool! But do you know how hard it is to find a girl pirate costume that is not hooker pirate-ish? Far be it from me to interfere with anyone's fantasy life, but I didn't want to look TOO trampy around Mickey!

2006--Disney Princess theme
    ME: Maleficent (evil witch in "Sleeping Beauty.")
    DAUGHTER: Sleeping Beauty
    ***I'm sure she can get some mileage out of this one with her shrink in future decades, but it was HER idea!!!

2005--
    ME: Winnie the Pooh
    HUSBAND: Tigger
    CHILD: dinosaur
    ***Note: Pooh and Tigger and extremely "hot" costumes, and I do not mean that in the same sense as Hustle n' Flow's costume ideas!

2004--Children's storybook theme
    ME: Cat in the Hat
    HUSBAND: Cat in the Hat
    CHILD: Madeline (by Ludwig Bemelmans)

We have great trick or treating in our neighborhood. I also usually host pumpkin carving parties for my first-year students.
  7. Stagekat

Stagekat Member

Actually.. it was heros/heroins (all the gals happened to be princesses...) and we had another studio visit... their staff were the villians... It was very cute...and a great surprise for us students. :D
  8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Ha! I went to a Roaring Twenties party in my zoot and fedora, carrying a violin case.
  9. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

I've seen all sorts of group/theme costumes at something called Breakfast Club, which is a tradition at Purdue - basically, the bars open at 7 am on home football gamedays, and people dress up in crazy costumes to go get drunk early. It's been voted the #1 college pregame activity by Sports Illustrated for 10 years running, we're pretty proud of it :cool: But anyway, I digress...you see all sorts of themed costumes there. I've seen...

-the characters from the board game Clue, complete with weapons (Miss Scarlett, Col. Mustard, Mrs. White, etc. with the rope, knife, revolver, etc.)

-the Rutgers women's basketball team (this was right after the Don Imus scandal...so you can imagine what it said on the back of their jerseys :lol:)

-the seven deadly sins (Lust was in lingerie, Gluttony had glued plastic food to herself, Wrath was dressed as a punk rocker, Greed had a feather boa made of dollar bills, Sloth was in pajamas, Envy was dressed in green, and Pride was dressed as a beauty queen...pretty creative idea if you ask me!)

-the cast of Mario Kart (this was pretty darn clever...they had taken cardboard boxes and cut the bottoms out, and attached straps to them so they could hang over their shoulders. Then they attached balloons to the back of the boxes and dressed up as the characters and went running down State St. like they were racing...I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard!)

-Lil Bo Peep and her lost sheep

(Edited)

-Bret Michaels & the Rock of Love girls (this guy SERIOUSLY looked just like him!)
  10. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Two of my friends who were dating dressed up together for a halloween social:

She wore an old ballgown and a tiara.
    He wore a green cardigan and green plaid pants.

They were the princess and the pea. :)
  11. motardmom

motardmom New Member

Last year my sister in law borrowed some scrubs, all the girls at her work went as nurses. (She works in a title company.)

About 15 years ago, myself and 2 of my college friends needed some really quick costumes for a party we decided to go to last minute. We put our bathrobes on, put towels on our heads, each of us wrapped a present to carry, drew a mascara mustache on our face, and we were.... The Three Wise Men! 8)
  12. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Nice, I was wondering how SpongeBob could be sexy.
  13. Chiron

Chiron New Member

At this point I assume that women can read my mind. Unless of course it would make my life easier if they could. At that point I've only got a 50/50 shot.
  14. motardmom

motardmom New Member

I just bought new fake eyelashes for my succubus costume. I'm so excited! :D

Halloween is so fun.....
  15. Stillharbor

Stillharbor New Member

Next to Christmas, Halloween is the best holiday. We adults FINALLY have an excuse to dress up like little kids and no one looks at you like you're crazy! I LOVE IT!

My fav. memory was one year teaching, I dressed up as Arawen (complete with pointed ears shaded with makeup to look real). I came around the corner and my kids gasped and pointed out my ears. Later, I sat there and talked with a fellow teacher for half an hour before one of the kids mentioned my ears. The teacher hadn't even noticed! I even convinced several kids that they were real and I kept my hair down to hids my pointed ears. LOL!!

Last year my studio, did a Tournament of Champions, a contest between the area studios. With dress up days about 2 days a week. We did everything from a 50's sock hop, to Roll 'n Roll, and holiday characters. It was great!! I hope that plan on doing it again this year.
  16. Laura

Laura New Member

Arawen? You mean Arwen from The Lord of the Rings? I'd love to see what you wore for a gown!!
  17. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

(No Commerical Links)
  18. Laura

Laura New Member

The nice thing about going as Amy Winehouse this year is that you can reuse the wig in the future to go as Elvira, Mistress of the Dark or whatever she is. And as a vampire another year.
  19. QPO

QPO New Member

We don't have it here in Australia, although I did have some kids come last year trick or treating, but in general they don't promote it at all.
  20. jennikins

jennikins Member

I am trying to think of a costume that is cheep or that i can make. I was thinking of Ivy from batman, or something dead. I have done the skanky and am wanting to do something more nerdy/scary this year. any ideas?