Happy and/or Random Thoughts #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Obviously, SDSG, you need to go back to sleep!

I believe you need to post that under the Whining Thread, not the Happy/Random Thoughts thread.

Or maybe the stress is just getting to you! :p
  2. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I finally managed to get a family member to help me with my dress!!! She got it done last night, and did it all in one day, because she was bored lol. I also was called for another job interview!!! It's funny, because I put out like fifty applications since the start of the year and now everyone is calling me back all at once lol. I'm waiting for them to call me back though, because we are playing phone tag right now lol. I also have someone to help me with my makeup and hair on the day of my show, which I was really worried about! Now if I can get a couple of other things going... my life will be great... for right now that is lol! ;)
  3. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I have to add that I was just called and I have a job interview on Friday at 1:30! Wohoo! I need that for the summer, so I'm excited! My instructor also changed my Cha Cha solo to where I'm doing a really fast sexy song now lol. We are still using the same dance, because it does fit the song. We are just moving at a faster speed, which makes me feel good, because it tells me that I learned it well enough for him to pick up the pace!!!

I also met two celebrities this week. Both turned out very nice! I met one today, and she is a sweetheart. We are putting on our own DWTS locally for a charity event and they are part of that. We have a lot of local and surrounding celebrities more so than what people think, so it's going to be fun Friday night seeing how they work the show lol! But it was cute, because we got into a discussion about hair and makeup and she was hoping I could help her find someone to do her makeup. I was surprised they didn't supply makeup or hair people for the event, but they are only doing one dance though. So, maybe they didn't think they needed that lol.

Anyways, we just talked and talked and my instructor was just smiling lol. I told him how we should have a night to where the girls come to the studio to learn about makeup and hair and that I'd even be willing to pay for that instead of going to some salon and she was like when and where I'll be there lol! It was cute! Now I'm off to class and a private for my performance on Saturday. But I had to tell someone all of this stuff. No one is home yet lol!!!
  4. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

This sounds lovely!

How the heck are you MacMoto? Haven't seen you around much lately, and good to do so. :D
  5. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Good Morning DF!

It a super beautiful day here! Sun is shining! And I'm finally up and moving after sleeping in late and taking the morning off. :D
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

good morning DP, i couldnt agree more...and I am going out to mow my lawn in the nice sunshine
  7. MacMoto

MacMoto New Member

I moved house last month and have had trouble getting internet access at the new address. I'm doing fine -- my SO and I decided it was time to buy a place together and get a joint 23-year mortgage as a symbol of long-term commitment :lol: ;).
  8. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Sounds like things are working out nicely with the SO. Iv'e been seeing my current SO for over a year now, too. Seems like quite a while since you and I were both getting over those previous breakups, huh? :D

23 year mortgage? Over here it is usually 15, 20, 30 years so why 23?
  9. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

From a different thread, but that's the main thought of the day:

10. MacMoto

MacMoto New Member

We couldn't afford a 15- or 20-year mortgage (Edinburgh's soooo expensive). Lenders wouldn't let us have more than 23 years (this is too close to a how-old-are-you question to answer, you know :lol:).

25 years is a common mortgage term over here, by the way.
  11. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I see...so we'll leave it as 23 is a common term for the mature folk. ;-)

I'm pestering my lawyer to try and get a closing date for next month so I should be moving pretty soon too. That's why it has been hard to get on df. Lots of stuff going on with moving...

And DP I agree that it is a beautiful morn! :)
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

chicago symphony tonight...swoon, and a nice drive this AM to pick up dh's birthday cake for tomorrow....and a lesson I hope...lovely here too
  13. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Interesting, and a wise idea to go after the shortest one possible. :cool:
  14. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

This person will be the owner of a new home by 11:00am Monday May 8th 2006. :)
  15. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Way to go! :D
  16. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Happy Happy Thought!

I have just finished my last paper for my undergraduate degrees!! No more homework from this university, ever - Whoo!!

Two finals on Wednesday and I'm out of here. :)
  17. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I applied for a position in town that helps underprivileged kids. I think that I nailed my job interview! She was going to make me a Program Manager, but I think she's going to make me a Program Aide instead just cause of all of the skills that I have, and this way she can use me in more than one area. Also, if I get this particular job, the cool thing is that part of my job will be to help a group of girls during the summer with their dance routine! So, it looks like my dancing skills have come in handy after all! Another cool thing is that she wanted to take Ballroom Dancing with her roommate as well and plans to when she herself goes back to school in the fall. I won't know until next week if I get the job or not, but they are looking for eight new people, because they are expanding. So, I'm almost positive that I got one of those positions, and if I did I think it was because of my dancing skills! Wohoo!
  18. pygmalion

Oh man! I was trying to get to 31,000 posts before logging out tonight. Not gonna happen. :?
  19. pygmalion

Holy [expletive deleted]! The ballroom forum has five moderators. I guess the ballroom folks must be some rowdy people. lol!

Edit: That reminds me of a junior high cheerleading cheer. R o w d i e. That's the way we spell rowdy. Rowdy. Let's get rowdy. Whooo!!

Too funny. Since when is it spelled rowdie? :lol:
  20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh you are so close to!!!;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.