Happy and/or Random Thoughts #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

why do men love the white sox and their ipods more than the women in their lives?...no resentment....I just want to understand

2. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Choreography yesterday. Um. Still thinking about it, will let ya all know about it in a new thread. When I have enough clarity of mind and the video.

T_E

3. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I took a peak yesterday at the video while still in the camera. Camera adds POUNDS. Lots. And I stink, but more of that after careful video watching.

T_E

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Woohoo! That sounds confident and self-accepting. "I watched myself on video. I'm fat and btw, I can't dance." Yikes! T_E. How 'bout, next time you watch, you look for something you did well? :eyebrow:

5. pygmalion

I was tired and grumpy last night. I'll hit 31K this morning, before I go make breakfast. Fruit salad again, probably. That's been working well. :)

6. pygmalion

I don't know about the White Sox, but iPods rock! :lol:

7. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Ballet classes have been going great! My extensions are getting higher and stronger....can't wait to use them in american smooth (and I just got my new american smooth shoes - wooohooo!)

8. fascination

have I got the man for you;)

9. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh I have a friend that actually played on one of the Sox's teams lol. I can't remember if he played for the Red or the White Sox though!!! The only reason why he had to leave is because his wife made him lol. She told him it was either her or baseball lol. Can you believe he didn't choose baseball??? They have two of the cutest kids that I used to baby-sit for and every holiday like Christmas etc. we still get together to bake like Christmas cookies etc. They are like family you know like my aunt and uncle or something like that lol. So, it's cool! ;)

10. fascination

I guess I just have to remember all of the things that I am obssessive about and how they often come first as well

11. latingal

a good thought to keep front and center for those of us that spend - oooohh - just a little bit of time dancing....:rolleyes:

12. fascination

I dont know WHAT you're talking about:rolleyes:

13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Haha! That's true. I have a few things that I like too that I know other people would be like what in the world lol???

14. pygmalion

Woohoo! I went to Sam's Club today and got my tires installed. Anywhere else installation costs about $100 for a full set of four tires. At Sam's? $36. Not to mention that my installation includes free lifetime rotation and balancing, and a road hazard free-replacement warranty -- which the major tire shops' installation packages don't. :D The tire installation savings more than covers the cost of this year's Sam's Club membership. :D

15. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Can you explain to me what the Sam's Club Membership is? I've heard of it through some friends of mine, but I have always had doubts about signing up when it comes to like hidden fees or things like that you know?

16. pygmalion

No!!! It's kinda like a coop, but not really. You buy a year-long membership to the club. In exchange, you get access to their warehouse store, where you can often buy things at a discount (especially valuable if you have a large family or use large quantities of stuff, since the products are mostly sold in vendor packaging.) "Stuff" means everything from groceries to pots to mattresses to books and DVDs to electronics. You name it. You also get quite a few service-type discounts -- hotels, rental cars, tires, etc.

Sam's Club is an affliate of Walmart. It's just a warehouse club.

Not everything you buy there is a good value, though, I have to admit. You just kinda get a feel for what to buy there and what not. For example, since I use a lot of salsa for snacks and dinner parties, I buy the four-pound bottle of salsa at Sam's for ... mmm ... just under four dollars. A one-pound jar of salsa at the supermarket costs about $2.50. Good value. One the flip side, a 120-use box of detergent costs about the same at Sam's as it does at Target, when Target has a sale. Not-so-good value.

And, as I've said, large quantities of anything are not a good value, if you're not going to use the product.

All in all, I think it's worth the cost of membership -- $45 a year, I think. (or am I getting it mixed up with Costco? :? ) I've been a member since 1994, and plan to stay that way. :D :cool:

17. latingal

LOL fascination!....:D sorry - musta' been thinking of someone else obsessed with dance!

18. fascination

you are pardoned:cool: :rolleyes:

19. fascination

rice cookers are a thing of beauty...I bought dh one for his b-day (also astronomical binoculars and some books) ...and wow, was that a snap...

20. pygmalion

Oh yeah!! Rice cookers are a gift direct from heaven to us. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.