Happy and/or Random Thoughts #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Oh. I know that feeling. It's the best thing in the world when it happens. :D
  2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

:notworth: I'm usually huffing and puffing after 1. But then again, I save it for last.
  3. elisedance

elisedance New Member

A whole song? Wow.
    [where did I put my cane...]
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

have stayed close to computer all week job-hunting, and i do believe i've maxed out every lead. guess that means i can close up shop for the day. have so much to do that requires being away from this PC... <<sound of gratefully booting down...>>
  5. Twilight_Elena

Ah. My sentiments exactly concerning Jive. I feel like such an old lady. Stamina, anyone?

T_E
  6. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Danceplaza and dancesport.uk might get more hits from London. Good luck!
  7. Twilight_Elena

Hadn't thought of those! Thanks! :D
  8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Time to enjoy the weekend...;)
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

nice sentiment. :)

happee, happee thought... my espresso machine works again. dear me, so yummy... i don't care about the caffeine... it's that taste fix i'm after. i seem to know best what i like...:cool:

yum.
  10. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Ok question. Today I had something really strange happen to me at work. A guy that I have never talked about on here asked me to go out with him dancing. Well, the problem is that I am completely NOT attracted to him, and he's MARRIED!!! I was like, what??? Are you kidding me??? The thing is, at first I was like well maybe he wants a partner. He dances CW, which I don't do any more though. But I was thinking I know someone that might want a partner. But I realized that when he asked me, he did it in a quiet type of voice to where no one could hear him. So then I thought, did he just ask me out?

Anyways, he didn't make me feel uncomfortable or anything like that. It's just that I don't want to sit beside him any more. We are going to take out a wall to put in a new area, so we are kind of crammed right now. I can't be that picky. And I don't want to tell the supervisor or anything like that, because the guy has been around forever. I don't want to be the one to get canned if he all the sudden says, I didn't ask her or what have you. I don't want rumors to fly either, so I'd rather deal with this myself or privately with someone else. But then, who is that someone else? I was thinking of one of the guys that I know he would keep it quiet, because I would rather someone know and keep an eye out than not know in case the situation turns against me or what have you.

But all I know is right now, I got out of it today by saying I had a family function. I am not interested at all. What's interesting is that the guy I'm actually interested in gets asked out by the same girl almost daily, and she continues because he hasn't been blunt with her. He makes up excuses. So, I'm wondering if maybe I should have been blunt with him? Because I for one am NOT interested, and I would never ever cheat or be part of cheating on someone else ever... ever! I've had that happen to me twice now, and I would NEVER do that to anyone. But what makes me frustrated is why did he think I would say yes to him? He must not think very highly of me if he thinks I would do such a thing.

So, what do I do. I don't want to take it to management if I can find a way to handle this myself. I'm a new person and he's been with the company for years. So, I need to handle this carefully. My mom told me I was oblivious. She I think is right since I did not see this one coming at all.
  11. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I'd say, "No, thanks, I don't date married men."
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

spratt, you can't tell (nor should you judge until you actually ask him) what his intent was....I have had lots of married men who dance suggest that since their spouse is working and so it mine, that we go to the same dance so we freaking have someone to dance with when all the couples show up...no point in wondering...you ask...and I certainly wouldn't take your inferences to some third party protector when you don't even know whether or not you need it...ask...then, if he's a creep...be very very blunt
  13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah see I can't tell for sure what his intent was. All I can judge right now is that he said it in a very quiet voice, so no one could hear. That to me sent a red flag. But you are right that I shouldn't judge to quickly. But to me, I don't want to be anywhere where his wife isn't, so she doesn't get the wrong idea. He never said anything about his spouse at the time either like you know if she would be there or not. So, I had that to go on as well. I won't take it to a third party yet. I'll figure out what he wants exactly. But yeah from what I could tell yesterday, from not mentioning his wife and from speaking quietly, was a bit weird. Not to where I was uncomfortable, but weird. I can't explain it.
  14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

And maybe he did it sotto voce because he didn't want it to get around that he's a dancer.
  15. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Joe's right. What kind of self-respecting man admits to dancing? :)
  16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

No we were talking about dancing outloud, because people were asking what kind of dancing I do, and he made it very clear to everyone that one day we were talking about it that he knows how to CW. Everyone in our department knows this.
  17. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

:)
  18. samina

samina Well-Known Member

:cool:
  19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

spratt, keep it simple & don't stress... "you're married & we work together... not gonna happen... i like an uncomplicated life". you never need to come up with another line or another excuse, you can say this same thing til the cows come home. end of story.
  20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

This is very true too.

I'm trying to look at the positive here. What I'm thinking is that the guy that I'm interested may have heard, because he's a desk away from me. So, I'm thinking that if he did hear, then he knows I'm already being asked to go places with the guys. Now, this was the first guy to actually say something to me, but I'm thinking... if he did hear the conversation, then if he does like me, that maybe this will bring a little bit of jealousy between them? This would be a good indicator of his feelings towards me. Especially since we are moving desks next week, and he doesn't want me sitting by this other guy any more lol. ;)

And you are right too. I also don't think excuses work, but if you are caught off guard, then what else do you do? I didn't want to say that I was interested in someone else, because I do like the other guy. So, I thought of the next best thing. And why do I get all the weird ones? Why can't I find someone normal lol?

etp777 and Joe - Good point! :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.