Happy and/or Random Thoughts #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

TE....I don't mind the flowers but I have never cared for that sort of hemline

2. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly! I love the see-through thing, I think it's very sexy. The flowers I'm not crazy about. Any other pattern (non-flowery) would work as well. Any ideas as to what kind of pattern would be most welcome. *hint hint*
    I was thinking of changing the blue-pink combo as well. MQ, Love the lime green idea. Was also toying with the idea of red and pink. Unfortunately, I won't get it stoned because. Well. The MONEY. Will probably stone it myself later on, if it works as a dress. I think it's already stoned, around the bodice. Can't see very well from these photos.
    As for the back... I don't have pictures of the back! The design looks like it's not low cut, but who knows? What kind of low cut shape did you have in mind, MQ? I was thinking of a little low cut myself, though I would be perfectly satisfied with the present boat neck(that what you call it?) line. Maybe a little more off-shoulder-y? I like that kind of style that's like a straight horizontal line and shows of the collarbones and shoulders. :D
    As for looking like Yulia... *snicker* Not remotely, I must say. But I think that sort of dress would look good on an hourglass figure, no? And it would make me feel like I'm sort of covered up, which is always a plus. :oops:

T_E

P.s. Got an interesting review from my very good male friend. He said "I'd like it if it wasn't transparent, it didn't have the flowers and that pink lining." Which was his way of saying "I HATE IT SO MUCH." :lol:

3. etp777

etp777 Active Member

TE, While I have yet to learn when a dress does well as a "stone later" choice, or when it really needs to be stoned to start, in regards to how you make it, I'd say that looks wise, ti's certainly a dress that is going to draw attention even without the stones, so I think this plan would definitelyw ork for you. Go for it. :)

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Just picked up a garden shelf and a stoarge bench for free... :)

Now lunch..steak and ...we'll see

5. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Let me look around for some ideas on the back. The kind of neckline you describe usually works well on me as I have narrow shoulders and it gives the illusion of them being a bit wider. I don't know that you can necessarily have a low back with that...but let me look around a bit. I'll look for some different type of designs as well. I saw this most amazing latin dress in NY in the summer that had fringe *over* a printed skirt and the design of the print was stoned to the hilt. It might be nice to get something like that...where you already have a print and then when you stone it, you just stone over the print.

I think that style of dress would look good on just about any figure, but definitely an hour-glass one. I'll get back to you when I have some time to "research".

6. etp777

etp777 Active Member

My mom has done this on several dresses and it always gets a LOT of compliments. Smooth dresses for her and my sister in Junee both had flowered pattern with the flowers really heavily stoned, and then on the leaves in pattern, some lightly stoned, and I think some not at all (can't remember quite thepattern). A new one she's going to be wearing here in two weeks is a geometric pattern with stoning on/matching the patterns.

7. Twilight_Elena

I was just thinking of stoning the flowers at some point afterwards (or whatever pattern I choose instead of flowers).

T_E

8. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Whoo! I survived my skating exhibition. Actually it went really well--I saw a lot of people I haven't seen for a while (since ballroom started eating up all my time) and the skate itself went really well--all the elements worked, and we got applause for the big tricks, and even in a couple places I didn't expect. Not sure if anyone got video, but there are photos at least. And the organizers very generously treated me as a guest skater, with a solo bow at the end and flowers. Given the other two to get that treatment were an ice-dance couple from SCOB and a skater from the Exeter club who's a regionals competitor, that was very flattering.

And, I managed to edit my music. It was a little choppy, but as I was doing it at 11pm last night with software I've never used before, I'll take it.

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

congrats DOI!

10. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

That's true! I'm just going to leave it alone I think for awhile. I'm not going to mention it. Either way, things will be different this week, because we will change desks. So, I'll avoid it for now and hope it's not mentioned again.

I'm happy though! Today I went out and bought a new computer! I can do what I finally want to on it. And it was so nice to not have to worry about what was in my account for once! I feel like a real adult lol! But seriously, I've always had to live on a budget, and this was the first time that I didn't have to worry. I have to buy a new cell phone next week when I have more time, because mine dropped. But then after that, I don't have anything else that I need to spend on unless I want to buy early Christmas gifts, so I'm going to start saving for my trip! And... I've decided that this was the week I was going to call my dance instructor to set up some lessons, so we can start working on my routines again. I need some form of exercise since all I do is sit all day, so I'm going to keep with my dancing. ;)

11. Sagitta

Very good to hear. :)

12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

You sound like one happy camper Sprat! Great to hear. And best of all that you will be getting back to the dancing.

13. DancePoet

DancePoet New Member

Good Morning DF!

Happy Columbus Day!

Very busy weekend, got to do some dancing on Saturday night at my sister and her husband's 5th Anniversary party, worked on my brother's farm quite a bit helping him with the harvest, and now today, doing laundry as I read and write.

14. Sagitta

JUst noticed that you are a "crowned royal" DP. Just sort of caught my eye. I normally don't pay attention to the avatar titles.

Yawning from only 5 hours of sleep at work. Not sure why I do that to myself. Just watching TV...Cold case, shark, news then csi yesterday night. yawn...

15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Happy thanksgiving yourself!!

16. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Dating co-workers is never a good thing anyway. For me, before I got married, it was hands off co-workers and clients. Life is much easier that way.

17. Twilight_Elena

Haven't heard from the dressmaker yet. Grr. Impatient to get a price tag and all the other info.
    First ballet lesson tonight; was horrible (see Lessons thread). Am quitting, which leaves me with a nice free Monday evening which will probably get filled in two seconds flat, so no worries there. Team is having a little get together after Wednesday's practice session, so will probably be fun to bond with the teammates over drinks (which is what Englishmen do, I hear).
    In other related news, my fridge is very empty. No apple juice! No brioches! I think I might faint. Grocery shopping is in order. Will have to squeeze it in tomorrow, for I cannot bear the thought of another day without such basic necessities as Cadbury's hot chocolate mix.

T_E

18. Twilight_Elena

What are your thoughts on vacation/taking some time off/whatever you call it length? For me, too much throws me off. Too little and it's like I didn't have any. A week is a good period for me. 5 days are also good. A month... bad.

T_E

19. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

T_E, you just started the term! You're thinking about vacation already?

20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Its like a flip switch, when you work you think of not doing so and when you take time off you think of working. works, or not, for me :)

Perfect time 2 weeks. Shorter, I can't break off. Longer I miss and worry about my home and work - and in the last few years get desperate about my dancing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.