Happy and/or Random Thoughts #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thank you! I feel very lucky right now. It's just that I'm waiting for something to go wrong. You know... when so many things go good for you it seems as though one thing is sure to go wrong. But I'm trying not to think that way though, because I am a happy camper right now! And yes, I can't wait to see my dance instructor again. I'd like to work on my competition routines, but most importantly... I need to get some exercise!
  2. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

No, I'm just bored and I was thinking about summer vacation. See, this year I took a month off (August) from dancing and pretty much everything else, and when I came back it was very difficult to get back on track. So I'm trying to avoid that mistake again. ;)
  3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Looking forward to dinner with a friend and going dancing. I don't need to worry about the music for a bit as she will be there. woo hoo!
  4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

At the risk of jinxing myself...

Have not smoked at all today. Helps that I don't have any with me. Not sure if the fidgety-ness is related, or just b/c I'm bored out of my skull and hopped up on caffeine...hard to tell at this point.

Worst part is, that was my way to break up the day. Now I don't have that.

Not much, but 'tis a start. We'll see how long this lasts...prolly not through this weekend, but oh well.
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i'll be rootin' for ya, peach...
  6. Peaches

We'll see if I make it through today...

The hardest bit is at home.
  7. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Good luck, Peaches! I'll be cheering for you!!!
  8. Sagitta

Ditto.

Listenin to the dalai lama speaking at cornell vie the web @www.cornell.edu
  9. Sagitta

human approach to world peace
  10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Hang in their Peaches. Please. We wanna keep you around for a while! ;)

The hardest part is when you first think you have it licked - and you feel you can have a cig without any problem.....
  11. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Congrats! Don't deprive yourself of your breaks. Take a walk around the block or something. I have a 10-minute stretch routine that I go to the bathroom and do a couple of times a day--makes a nice break.
  12. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

very cool - I got an email from someone selling tickets to this -- is he going to be there just today? I thought the ticket was for tomorrow. Would love to see/hear him in person.
  13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

drink more wine;)
  14. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

perfect time of year to start knitting and crocheting (keeps the fingers busy)
  15. elisedance

elisedance New Member

while on an excercise bicycle (keeps the legs and feet busy) ;)
  16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

*picturing Peaches smoking cigarettes with her feet*
  17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

makes for cool christmas gifts...if you monitor the wine intake
  18. Peaches

Oh...dear god...that is just nasty.
  19. Peaches

Attempting either one of those activities (or cross-stitch, or embroidery, etc.) would drive me to smoke more. And drink more. Guaranteed.

As would most exercise. (What sick puppies actually enjoy that crap? :D)
  20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Perhaps one of the biggest (healthy) incentives to dance (as apart from all the adiction, money wasting, social problem generating, etc etc not so goo practical ones).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.