Happy and/or Random Thoughts #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elisedance

elisedance New Member

:bouncy::bouncy:

Just reached 4K!
    :bouncy::bouncy:
  2. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

E-mailed Yulia for dress info. She didn't have photos of the back but surprise! Its back is low cut and it has some sort of criss cross black strips on the low part of the back. Meh. Doesn't sound like what I was going for. Asked her for the e-mail of her designer for this particular dress. *anticipation*
    Good this is, she's selling it for a very good price which leads me to the conclusion that if I make one from scratch via her designer (and without stones, too) it will come within my very small budget! Hurrah! :D
  3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I'm going to Birmingham on Friday to cover the Indycar test at Barber Motorsports Park, as an accredited journalist! Just got the details worked out last night. I'll be representing Trackside Online, which is a subscription news site for Indycar fans. I'm pretty sure Helio Castroneves will be there. If he is, and I get a chance to ask him any dancing-related questions, I'll report back.
  4. Twilight_Elena

My partner is such a nice guy, beginner though he may be! And it doesn't hurt that when I first saw him I thought he looked like Slavik. :p He doesn't, but anyways. He even asked me to text him when I get home because I take two buses. Aww.

T_E
  5. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Sounds like a good guy TE. :) And now that he has a great partner to help him, sure he'll be a great dancer too. :)
  6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Congrats!
  7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

So, I did the shingle work that I needed to do on the shed today. I actually left work at 3:00pm and got it done. I had plenty of time. Then I decided to more closesly examine the house roof. I noticed the roof ridge vent undulating a bit. Examined it closely and saw that this was happening because the nails used last year were coming out and pushing the vent up! I am sure that better nails could have been used to grip teh wood and not just pop out...but as a newbie how was I to know that I need to check on such a thing!! I thought that the people I hired through better housing (local non- profit) supervision last year were good. My opinion has changed. When one has to hire a person through another person and go through the hoops for the grants that I did it really isn't worth the money that was actually spent. Better than nothing, though.

Now the work that I hired someone to do. Excellent! Even discussed issues such as what to use to put siding on my house. Use screws so that they would be easy to remove if I ever had to vs nails that just rip up the siding...

My next place is going to be so different...I just got to build...more expensive but then it is the little details that can make something really last.
  8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Now that is a keeper! What a nice guy! :p

So, my schedule was supposed to actually change this week, but she forgot to tell me that yesterday lol. However, they pay for overtime. So, I stayed for a few hours today until it was slow. I get paid for that and for working all day this coming Saturday. That means I get a bunch of hours on overtime for this week as to which will help me pay for my contract for new dance lessons! Oh and I also got my benefits card yesterday. I need to get some new contacts and some new glasses. Glasses are more important, because I'm finding that my eyes are getting really dried out at work from my contacts. It's not a big deal, but by the end of the day I sometimes wish I didn't have contacts. And since my schedule switched this week, I can make my appointments for next week! I like having one day off during the week, and one day off during the weekend. I'm finding this schedule more beneficial. ;)
  9. Twilight_Elena

Okay. I don't know if any of you watch House MD (I do, fanatically) but Tuesday's episode was AWESOME. Aaaaand there was a song of Alanis Morisette played, totally new song. Really liked. :D
  10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

two comps in one week...woo hoo...my idea of heaven...ya'll be good now
  11. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Cool, fasc!!! Good luck!
  12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Can I ask which ones Fasc? we have two too - local ones: ontario open and the Maple Leaf (starting in two weeks). I suppose the adrenalin will never come down!
  13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Know one of them is Chicago Harvest moon,because she promised me a dance if I show up tomorrow and saturday. :) Not sure what other one would be, don't think there's another one in town, so maybe she's traveling?

Take that back, there's an FA closed one next weekend, and at AM last night they mentioned another one, I missed the name though. So maybe that one.
  14. fascination

harvest moon and hotlanta
  15. fascination

thanks
  16. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Oh, hotlanta, of course. Not sure how I didn't think of that one. :)
  17. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Have discovered that it's much easier not to feel cravings for cigarettes if I actually just go outside with my smoking buddies and stand there while they smoke. For some reason, that doesn't bother me and I don't particularly crave them...but if I try to sit at my desk and not go out for a "smoke break" then I just about go insane.

Also, munching on stuff helps. Not the waistline, unfortunately. But I've spent most of the day nibbling on a serving of Cheerios, one at a time. It helps with the hand-to-mouth action that becomes part of smoking. (Yeah, I know it doesn't make a ton of sense, but it's very real. Chewing gum doesn't quite cut it.)

Yay, coping strategies!
  18. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Fantastic F. Very best fortune... I hope we get a repot on both comps - I thought of doing hotlanta last year as I had a meeting there at the right time but it did not work out.
  19. fascination

peaches...perhaps the secondhand smoke is a good buffer for now...also fwiw, my uh,... sperm donor...for lack of a more meaningful term...liked black licorice to help the craving...try hard not to worry about the weight...remember cancer will make you very very thin...but not well... sorry, strong words b/c I really care about you...hang in there...HUG
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

took ages to get this thread to open. i created a new one...

how many of these have we had? i can tell from pygmalion's comment that this one here is already at least the 2nd one...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.