Happy and/or Random Thoughts #2

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

:) Thanks, Medira. Yes nieces and nephews are a gift. Now we're trying to protect the baby from his little sister (4 years) who is choking him while hugging and kissing him. And she gets angry whenever we ask her to do it gently.
  2. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

:) . I like Gotan Project and all this complied, Future Chill, etc music. Cool.
  3. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Ditto. She does sound really cool.

T_E
  4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I wish it was this hot here. I'm considering trying some wet carpet cleaning...but lows of 50s tonight and not really getting higher for a while. Need to know if I can somehow keep those old carpets going for a little while you know.
  5. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

planning my next lesson.... If i had any say in it, i frequently do, then we will not make it to adding new choreography to the routine. Discovered some more followup questions to last week's lesson.... why do i have to wait another 2,5 days before lesson......

found a potential partner to practice with. At least both of us agreed to give it a try. The question is just where to practice......we seek, so we will find.
  6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Good luck with your new partnership, cl5814. :)
  7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Helped our club owner move his files to a new computer this weekend, so they can finally get rid of their eighh-year-old G3. Turned out to be more work than I expected. First thought: memory stick. Unfortunately, this G3 is so old it doesn't have USB :shock: (I thought I'd seen the last of the 10-pound ADB surfboards). Second though: floppy. The G3 has a floppy drive, and I had a USB floppy to connect to the Powerbook. But, in the middle of formatting the first floppy, the old drive in the G3 broke. :rolleyes: Third thought: Ethernet. But for some reason, I couldn't get the two computers to Appletalk to each other, and the old one had neither an FTP server nor a client.

So I took the drive out of the G3, took it home, and put it inside my G4. Once I remembered to move the jumper so that I didn't have two drives both claiming to be drive 0, :doh: it came up just fine. Everything that was worth saving fit on one CD-R. Took the drive back today, put it back in the G3, and gave them the CD. They are going to donate the G3 to a school.
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sheesh cornutt....this does not go with the mood
  9. cornutt

Hey, it's the random-thoughts thread. I'm doing the flirting on the other thread. ;)
  10. fascination

11. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

We had a dance fundraiser over the weekend that sent people home happy with two nights of ballroom dance and one afternoon of ballroom lessons.
    Fun dancing, money raised for a non profit, and everything went smoothly...

Woo hoo!
  12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

My sister just told me that my friend Ashley was hired as a manager for a new clothing place in town that I applied at and I didn't know that Ashley went there too. I'm really excited, because Ashley and I have worked together before, so I'm hoping she can get me on there. I'm also excited, because this type of place is sort of a high trendy young clubbing type of clothing store which is great for me and my dancing! You know they have the fun sparkly trendy outfits that you would wear for a night out on the town, which is what I love for dance. I practically got down and begged my sister to help me beg Ashley for that job lol. Although that's probably where all my money will go to now if I do get the job lol.;)
  13. pygmalion

Very cool! A nice hefty discount on danceable clothing sure sounds good to me. :)

Random thought: Over the weekend, my Mom kept saying, "I can't get over how good Jennifer looks." Hmm... Not sure whether that's good (as in I look good) or bad (as in I used to look bad.) Moms! Grr. :lol:
  14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thanks! I just checked out the web site too, and they do have nice practice skirts etc. They aren't like a dance store like what you would think of a dance store, but they do carry practice wear anyways and they are cheap! The only items that looked expensive were the dresses. That's good enough for me! ;)
  15. pygmalion

Good luck with using your network to get a job there. Even if it's only a parttime job-on-the-side, a discount can be a very good thing. :)
  16. fascination

my boy graduates from high school this saturday...wow....
  17. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I live hell-and-gone from pretty much anything resembling civilization, and a lot of times (when commuting) it's easy to forget why we moved out here to begin with.

But then there are times like yesterday and today when the sun is shining, there are a few clouds throwing shadows, and it's breezy and I'm reminded of why. It's just so beautiful. Just driving to and from civilization is such a joy when I get to see the sun and moving shadows across huge, green hay fields, which are rippling in the wind. It's just absolutely gorgeous--such a sense of peace and overwhelming beauty, especially over the rolling hills with the mountains in the background.
  18. ssjss

ssjss New Member

I know the fellin. I live way out in the country down south. The sun sets can just take me away to place I can't go in the city.
  19. fascination

just watched hotel rwanda...am exhausted and need a drink...yikes
  20. cornutt

Yeah, that's the same way I felt after watching "Schindler's List" (which was the same sort of thing).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.