Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Here it is... a fresh easier-to-load H&R thoughts thread. Enjoy!

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

What a nice happy, and rather random, event for a friday morning! :cool:

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

here's my happy thought... I'VE GOT A BARRE IN MY LIVING ROOM! could shout it from the rooftops... wanted one for 20 years... had so much fun with it yesterday. migrating over there now for another good workout... happee-happee... :D :D

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

well, don't get carrie away - you still have to get ready for the interview. Chosen the outfit yet? Bright, polished but efficient, a bit more dressed than the job requires, but not too much. A flash of colour.....

5. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Just tell the DF peeps to shut down the old one. And thanks Sam. :D:D:D

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i picked out a jacket. planning on wearing it over a bright stretch-tee for color peeking out. probly over black pants. hair will be ballroom-close to head, in chic ponytail at nape. that's as far as i've gotten.

7. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Huh. See, I go the opposite direction, with less color. Full suit--pants suit if more casual/liberal, skirt suit if not. Black, charcoal or navy; pin striping optional. Black, or white/cream shirt. Prolly the most color I've every really worn for an interview has been from the blue stone on my engagement ring.

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yah, looks like it's gonna be pretty staid, unless i can find my power red silk duster... my fave for interviews. looks so great over brown.

brown trousers, brown stretch tee, navy AT fitted zipper jacket... looking for this one piece of exotic brown/bronze medallion choker that will snaz it up, but so far it's MIA... <pout...>

9. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yay!!! Finally got around to hanging up stuff on the walls. Hung up a pencil sketch of AT dancers that my sis-in-law picked up at my request in Argentina (from 2 years ago!). Hung up a photo collage thing of my other brother- and sis-in-law and their kids. Hung up a little moosehide purse from when I was little (and discovered a messenger bag I'd completely forgotten about but which will make a perfect dance bag!). And hung up a hand print and foot print set from when my "niece" was 1. Yay!

10. Twilight_Elena

Okay. I know I'm being a bad person and all that, but I'm so hoping for a YouTube video from the Internationals!

11. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Ditto!!!

12. Twilight_Elena

This month, I tried out the "getting money every 15 days" scheme. That doesn't work, though, since most of my expenses are at the beginning of every month. So I'm going back to the monthly scheme. I sketched a detailed budget chart and realized that the amount I spend on Starbucks and eating out is HUGE. Damn those Venti hot chocolate mugs! I also realized that I could be saving something like 150-200 quid a month very easily, which can go to quality coaching and other dance stuff! :D And I'd still get a Starbucks treat every week.
    Ah, I love budget charts. And lists. I love lists.

T_E

13. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Yay new thread!!! :)

14. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Ditto :banana: :cool:

15. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Happiness is a fleece jacket and warm, cozy socks on a rainy morning....

16. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

All of the above plus comfy flannel pants. :contented sigh:

17. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I'll add a fire in the fireplace and a glass of wine. *zonk*

18. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

And a rug so soft and thick that it's practically ankle-deep.

19. Twilight_Elena

Oh! Thou speaketh of soft rugs and comfiness!

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

words outa my mouth