Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

This. :)
  2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

two smoothies would use that up right quick...
    j_alexandra likes this.
  3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

same here
  4. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Sautéed with garlic. And maybe a little bacon and mushrooms.
  5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Only about 3 more ounces left, and the sludge is gone.
  6. pygmalion

Ugh. i can never bring myself to drink leftover smoothie. I'd rather make a smaller amount and drink int in a sitting or, at the most, a few hours. Smoothies just don't taste good to me, the next day. *shrug* I know a lot of people who drink 'em til they're gone though. I suppose either approach could work just fine. :)
  7. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

There was an awful lot of sludge, and I'm not going to waste it. I'm also not making any more new smoothies until the sludge is gone.

I've got a couple of ripening peaches, but I'm not sure what to do with them.
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

1-1/2 cups spinach, both ripening peaches, water to 32 oz., 1 cup ice...light & refreshing LGS. add banana or grapes for extra sweetness.
    Purr likes this.
  9. pygmalion

For me, I suppose it depends on what you mean by ripening. I prefer my fruit for smoothies to be SUPER ripe as in so ripe that I probably wouldn't be able to use it for anything but a smoothie. I can eat ripening fruit no problem and actually prefer it. But I like to hold out for overripe fruit before I smoothie it. It tastes better that way, to me.

Also, when I first started making smoothies, it took me a while to get used to the subtle sweetness of fruit. I was so used to the taste of refined sugar and artificial sweeteners that real, natural sweet didn't taste sweet enough. Using very, very ripe fruit helped me a lot.

Not saying this has anything to do with anybody else. It's just my experience. :cool:
  10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Yes. I'm mulling over what to put with the spinach, to avoid another sludge incident.
  11. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

My bad, didn't see this. This is workable.
  12. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I was planning on waiting until they were very ripe.

I'm used to eating natural fruit. If I bring home strawberries, raspberries or blackberries, generally I end up eating all of them. Sometimes I end up eating most of the grapes, too.
  13. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Gray and wet! I put some clothes out to dry yesterday evening. I should have brought them in before going to bed...oh well...
  14. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Chatting to DP for the first time since he went to France 3 weeks ago. He's having a ball.

And I love dancing the lead part...but I so miss dancing with him. There's something comforting about dancing with someone you've danced with for 5 years.

He is having so much fun. I can't wait to go overseas.
  15. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I have done so many things...I have changed as a person, as a dancer, as a body in less than 2 years...wow...it's so hard to realize it when the only thing you ever think of is things you don't get to do...wow...I'm amazed at myself!
  16. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

What the world really needs is a good two-axis, voice-activated popcorn gun:

17. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

What the world really needs is a good two-axis, voice-activated popcorn gun:

18. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I have people that love me. I don't know them well yet but if I just give them a chance I know I will let them love me even more!
  19. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Really ought to bake some of grandma's cardamom sweetbread (AKA nissu) now that the weather is getting cooler. Perhaps if I show DW the recipe....
  20. pygmalion

She'll encourage you to make it yourself? :D