Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I'm getting better at making smoothies. I made smoothies on Friday with strawberries, raspberries, and a little bit of spinach leaves. It was great, and had a wonderful color. I made smoothies again Sunday with strawberries, raspberries, banana, a little orange, and the rest of the spinach leaves. Ok, it was an everything but the kitchen sink approach, but it wasn't bad.

I've come to realize there's a big difference in the smoothies you might buy at a shop, or a pre-made smoothie from a grocery store, in terms of taste, color, texture, and nutritional value.
    samina likes this.
  2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this.
  3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

thank you all. I'm deeply grateful to those who were a part of my career path, mentors, co-workers, friends and family.
    Sagitta likes this.
  4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Back home with the heat turned on for the first day of the heating season.
  5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Love, love, love DFW in the fall. high of 91 today with 52% humidity. Low of 70 tonight.

Thank you God. Thank you. :)
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Well, she is 3 wishes!
    Purr, Sagitta, 3wishes and 1 other person like this.
  7. pygmalion

Yep. Night and day difference. Very cool. :)
    Purr likes this.
  8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Meant to be writing poetry. Instead, am watching videos of Arunas and Katusha.

Close enough, right?
    nikkitta and dancelvr like this.
  9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

10. Sagitta

Yup. Dance is poetry in motion. ;)
  11. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I just managed to play JIVE and RUMBA in consecutive turns in a Words With Friends game. It's the little things in life, really... ;)

(Sadly, there's no way I'm going to be able to pull off SAMBA next turn.)
    chachachacat and Purr like this.
  12. pygmalion

Oh my gosh! Two addictions collide! :D
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

My right turn signal had randomly stopped working a few months ago (after going intermittent and then final ceasing all together). A few days ago, it started intermittently working only in the rear (and blinking double speed). Today, it returned to functioning normally. Nobody claims to have done anything to it. Silly car.
  14. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Sitting at a pointless dinner reception. Oh well, at least the screwtop Cabernet is not bad.
  15. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

You all know I've been whining about this freakin' application for promotion. I'm almost through--the process and the whining--I promise. Yesterday I had a long conversation with my boss (who reviewed the draft of my application). T'was an exceptionally good conversation, and she provided the vision (for lack of a better word) that I needed in order to go through and completely rewrite things...and also to sell myself for the interview (something I am exceptionally bad at). Specifically, she suggested I think about things in terms of how I intend to use my particular strengths to carve out a niche/create a new and unique role for myself which would be to the benefit of the division. Huh...I hadn't thought about it in those terms before. Good advice, methinks.

In asking me to think about what made me different from other candidates, and what my strengths are (something I'm OK at recognizing, but horrible at recognizing the implications of), she also led me to feel more confident about my chances. No...that's not quite right. She helped me to feel more self-confident about myself as a candidate. I've been very concerned because I don't have the strength in publishing/conference presenting that others have, and because I don't have much (if any) real leadership. Well, beyond my projects, but that's a given at this point. She made the point that that was OK, because I have different skills to offer and have other things which make me unique. How 'bout that? I'm unique! I have skilz to offer!

Pretty cool.
    Purr likes this.
  16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Good luck during the interview process!
  17. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Skilz is good!
  18. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was joking with my coworker (who is also applying) that the stupid questions you have to answer without answering basically come down to: I rite good, I am nice to people, I use de kompooter good. *bang head on wall* Oh yeah, I do all of that creatively and with originality. *shoots writer of non-question questions*
  19. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

It took me a second to figure out what "de kompooter" meant. I must be slow this morning. :confused:
  20. Sagitta

Good luck with the interview Peach.

Whole chicken roasting in oven.