Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh sure. Just pointing out that there's a whole internet etiquette thingie that may impact stuff without my awareness.
  2. pygmalion

Not at all. I'm too damn old to be offended by something someone else DIDN'T do. Besides. I have too many people who actually did stuff that I have to contend with. lol.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

oy, I am just going to have to trust that people will assume that I am lame and out of date and don't know the new rules.....
  4. pygmalion

Old lady cackle! I LOVE it!!!
  5. fascination

right...I am actually at the point where I don't even have the energy to be pissed about the ones who did do something...I just don't have enough years left to waste time on that...
  6. pygmalion

Love it! Amen and hallelujah!
  7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Rules? What rules? Seriously... Your post reminded me of something. Back in the mid-1980s days of Usenet (the technology that preceded Web forums like this), there was a guy, I don't recall his name how, who claimed that he read every single article posted to every forum, every day. Even back then, there were hundreds of new articles a day, and by 1988 or so (after The Great Net Renaming) there were thousands a day. Yet, last I heard, around 1990, that guy was still claiming that he read every single post, everywhere, every day. Just imagine trying to do that now... if you add up all the Web forums and message boards that exist, there must be millions of posts every day. I doubt that I've read more than 10% of what's on DF, and even that's a lot.
    fascination likes this.
  8. fascination

and there would never be time for dancing!!!
  9. pygmalion

Back in the early days of DF, I really did read every single DF post, every single day. Of course, there weren't all that many posts to read. But still ... I found it quite creepy after a while. I was definitely in get a life territory.
  10. pygmalion

Random: Why do all the warm-up pants at Target have 32 inch inseams?
  11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

'Tis better than shark jumping.
    cornutt likes this.
  12. pygmalion

*giggle* You are so silly!
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Bubble bath after a long two days on my feet... feels. so. good.
  14. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I always suspected you were cackling..;)

and you are not offended by what I didn't say???!!!...
    damn! Must get a bigger elephant to leave in the room!!
  15. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I'm learning a new set of projects: budget stuff in involving large, interrelated Excel spreadsheets. Nothing pioneering, just backing someone up...which I happen to think is rather critical. Day 1, and I've managed to completely redesign the first layer of stuff to make it unbelievably simple and foolproof. No more copying/pasting/rearranging/copying/pasting/new workbook/deleting/sorting/ etc. Run query, dump data, results happen, done. And I've got comprehensive instructions to go along with it, making use of both written and image-based instruction (because different people process information differently, and I don't know who else would be using this in the future). Go me!

Sigh. It's a peculiar skill set, I realize. But no one else seems to bother to take the time to do it. I guess that's worth something. Theoretically. At least where I work.
  16. pygmalion

I've said it before. I'll say it again. You are SUCH a geek.

That's what I like about you. :)
    cornutt likes this.
  17. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I have two other loves in this world...cello and acoustic guitar.
  18. Lioness

I'll leave it up to you whether that other love is BF or dance, lol. I'm not really sure myself :p

Because there are certainly times when cello is more amazing than BF.
  19. pygmalion

20. Lioness

This is one of those times: