Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

I wouldn't do it if I didn't enjoy it so much. I was pretty good at taking when I was younger ... it's good to have the opportunity to give back.
    pygmalion likes this.
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yes ma'am. I understand. :)
  3. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

"ma'am"?

Didn't we have a conversation about that a while ago?:p

I guess I'll accept the occasional "ma'am" bacause there ARE some advantages to rating the honorific.
  4. pygmalion

Oops. I forgot all about that. lol. If it makes you feel any better, the ma'am was intended more along the lines of yes sirree, as in agreement. No honor intended. :p *ducks and runs*
  5. pygmalion

Love Connection in a newspaper form. I used to absolutely LOVE that show! So much fun to watch, especially the bad dates. What's that guy's name? Chuck something? The show was Hi.larious! Chuck something would interview the date seeker. The TV audience, the studio audience and the date seeker would view a few video clips of potential dates. Then the date seeker and the studio audience would pick a date from among the three? possible choices. Then of course, the couple would go on their mostly blind date and come back and tell how their date went.

Oh my goodness! There used to be some strange characters on that show. I'll never forget the time Chuck Something asked a girl what she was looking for in a boyfriend and she said, "I just don't want a man who wants to have sex every night." Oh! What a hoot! I thought he'd swallow his tongue, and this is a guy who kept his composure pretty much no matter what. She caught him off guard that time. (I'm guessing she had some baggage, btw)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. pygmalion

Just googled. His name is Chuck Woolery. Loved that show! :)
  7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Chuck was the original host of Wheel of Fortune, back in the '70s. He also has an indirect connection to DWTS. A few years ago he was hosting a game show on GSN called Lingo. His co-host was Shandi Finnessey, who competed on DWTS in season 4.
  8. pygmalion

Wow. Who knew? I thought Pat Sajak (sp?) was the only host. Hmm. You learn something every day. :)
  9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Time for bed.
  10. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yay! I am able to get into my files at work, so today isn't a wasted day! (I'm working from home today. There have been all sorts of problems lately because our division's security doesn't play well with a new patch that got pushed out to the larger organization. Don't ask. Several people have been completely unable to work from home at all, and i was worried I'd encounter the same problem. I can't afford another day of lost work time right about now.)
  11. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

It is my birthday!
  12. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Have a very happy birthday, Sagitta!!!
    Sagitta likes this.
  13. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Sagitta!
    Sagitta likes this.
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Happy birthday!
    Sagitta likes this.
  15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

ditto that
    Sagitta likes this.
  16. pygmalion

Hsppy birthday, Sagitta.
    Sagitta likes this.
  17. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, Sagitta, if belated, given time zones.

over the Lurgy that befuzzled my weekend.
    Sagitta likes this.
  18. pygmalion

Random: When you're in bed, in the dark, and posting, hsppy looks just like happy. Maybe I should learn to type. Nah!
  19. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Thoughts from yesterday: I really enjoy spending time with my brother and his wife. It's so cool to see my brother now as an adult (as a father, no less!). I am really enjoying getting to know about him now, and relating to him as an adult friend. It's nice to be able to spend time together without the added baggage of older sister/younger brother roles. We talked about so many things yesterday--family, politics, plans, finances, jobs, you name it--and it was really cool to realize how much could be left unsaid (because we know each other well enough, even though we haven't always recognized that), and how much we could now relate.
    pygmalion and Lioness like this.
  20. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

I'm still in the same place, which should change within the next year... great things are around the corner :)
  21. pygmalion

That is so good to hear. Yes. Great things ARE around the corner.