Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

I was so floored when I heard about this on NBC Nightly News last night. I couldn't believe how well they *seem* to be handling it all. They were cracking jokes. o_O
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Could be gallows humor.
  3. pygmalion

That's cool. I know you rarely check in here, anymore. :)
  4. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Today, the days start getting longer and the nights shorter!
  5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Tomorrow... :)
  6. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I have a whole calculus based explanation for why I say today involving minimums and derivatives (and second derivatives) if you'd care to hear it :p
  7. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Two thoughts,,,
    1) The local adult school is offering Culinary Arts - in segments for $100 from 5-9 p.m. on Thursdays.
    Master French Chef - instructor. Resume - WOWee....must sign up for this.
    Vegan recipes will be taught first segment beginning January 24th. So excited.
    2) Comfort dogs...always interested in this, especially in having an association with Children's Hospital.
    Will be looking into this further. May "borrow" neighbors big ol' lap dog since ours has passed on.
  8. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Two months from today I'll be running up a tower block for charity... actually I was only going to do one tower run next year but it has now turned into three!

24th Feb, 3rd March... one possibly 28th Feb but I don't want to kill myself by doing too much! There's another in June/July so I may do that one instead.

Oh and I'm even re-taking my exams I didn't do so well in at school... busy year ahead... Christmas is cancelled :) I'm kinda in the zone at the moment!!

...and re-taking the exams will allow me into higher education so I can become a teacher. Life is so cool at the moment!
  9. pygmalion

Sounds like a great year ahead of you! :)

How's your Mum? She has no idea who I am, but please wish her a Happy Christmas and New Year for me ... and the same to you, of course. ;)
  10. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

:D Mum's doing well at the moment - although she is full of a cold so I've given her my Balsam tissues to keep her nose smooth (or something like that). Kitchen is finished thankfully, so is lessed stressed now! lol

Have a lovely Christmas too pygmalion and family!
    3wishes likes this.
  11. 3wishes

Bio-dad, especially happy that we are headed to Palm Desert to visit him ON this day Christmas Eve, suggests going to lunch, he's relieved he's not hosting a huge dinner. I'm happy and thrilled for him.
    2 hours later, Bio-dad phone call, "hey, we are cooking a rib roast for today - just be here by 1p.m."....ahhhhhh me, #1 daughter and oldest says to self "he just cannot - not chef the holidays"...wait till he finds out I'm headed to Culinary Arts classes...lol.
    pygmalion likes this.
  12. pygmalion

Have fun! :)
  13. pygmalion

Random: Severe thunder storm early on Christmas morning = wrong. Fortunately, light snow predicted for Christmas afternoon. Now THAT's right. :)
    j_alexandra likes this.
  14. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

White Christmas!
    pygmalion likes this.
  15. 3wishes

Best Wishes for a Merry Christmas To All! And a brighter better 2013 to everyone.
  16. pygmalion

And to you, 3W. The best of everything to you and yours this Christmas and the happiest of new years. You are a gem. *hug*
  17. 3wishes

And to you too Pyg and all DF-ers,,even if your lurking out there!
    Happy Thought 1) Wrap crazy light up sneakers/boot style shoes for grandkids...WOWeeee pretty wild.
    2) Surprised amazed look on step-mothers face when given a DAZZLING multi-stone bracelet from me & DH -
    worth every silent gasp and wide eyed - ear to ear smile! Hope she wears it for her 75th on the cruise!
    3) Priceless Christmas Morning, when DH - who is hurting with hip joint pain on maximum - opens his
    Christmas Card from me, last present of the morning,,,,reads card,,,then opens the
    NASCAR HALL OF FAME VIP TICKETS FOR 2 - with airfare and hotel - PAID...WHAM-O!
    Happy thoughts RACE through his brain so fast - he cannot even TALK - he stares at tickets/stares at me
    and just starts hollering...I'm sure if he could have jumped up and hugged me to death he would have! (guys weekend - his choice - I've been and it's an awesome weekend event)
    Now, all of the above, and leaving for Texas to see the most amazing awesome family - with tons of hugs!
    equals - several happy and random thoughts!
    pygmalion likes this.
  18. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yummy leftover ham, green beans, and roasted carrots/parsnips for breakfast. Yum! Today seems off to a good start. :)
  19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

yummy! ! lunch will be left over BBQ smoked pork ribs
  20. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

power breakfast you will be energised