Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Sometimes the universe just lines up.

The blender I got for Christmas has a coffee grinder attachment.

Housemate's GF, who is moving in next month, got a coffee machine for Christmas.

Now I don't have to buy one!

2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Nerf guns are amazing!

BF got his niece one for Christmas...promptly bought himself some the next day...got home and bought himself some bigger ones, and some for the rest of the housemates.

I've got my eye on a great one...just have to find a nearby Target that stocks it...

3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I have the strange urge to go shopping today. Don't know for what...just out shopping. Not good.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

me too...and I never have an urge to shop

5. fascination

are stores even open?

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I have no idea. Probably best I don't know, and don't go out. New year = new household budget in effect. Austerity measures now in place...which is, I'm sure, why I want to shop. That, and I've developed a strange liking for expensive jeans, designer purses, and manicures. Don't ask.

I think I'll stay home, bake, and exercise until the urge passes.

fascination likes this.
  7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I hate to tell you this (not really :D) but everything is open. Everything.

8. fascination

well...mercifully or not, because dh and son are currently in an area with no internet, I am required by family law to sit and watch the Gator Bowl for the next 3 hours b/c dtr is in the NU band and they are trying to end a losing streak....and, whoop, whoop, cats just intercept for a TD....rawwwwwwwwr ....go cats

9. pygmalion

Now that is what I call most excellent mothering.

I assume that places like Hobby Lobby and Chick Fil A that are normally closed on Sunday are probably closed today. I'll find out shortly. I have to go to Target to exchange two of DS's Christmas presents. Silly me. I thought DS was a young man, not a gigantic little boy. There's nothing like Christmas to bring out DS's inner child. IOW. The really cute argyle sweaters I got him are lame. He wants a Nerf "blaster" and some Legos instead. Oy. Note to self: Boys never outgrow Nerf, Legos or remote control cars. I'll keep this in mind for next year.

cornutt likes this.
  10. fascination

mercifully, neither hobby lobby nor chick fil a would be on my list...will probably simply hit kohl's and call myself done...but not til after 2....

11. fascination

cats...10=0...go cats

12. fascination

oh...I could have warned you about that selection...perhaps you should run these things past me first.... :)

13. pygmalion

Lol. Live and learn. Nerf blasters it is! :)

14. fascination

they only say they are grown up...they don't mean it unless it involves a girl...or their independence....

15. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

and super soaker squirt guns in summer!!

16. pygmalion

Amen, sister. Amen.

Right now, it's all about his privacy and he can be quite rude about it at times. To which I say a big whatever. I have always respected his privacy within reason** and plan to continue. But for some reason, now he feels that he has to vigorously defend the boundaries I've always respected. Eh. Do what you need to make yourself feel like a man, son. *shrug*

** Meaning I reserve the right to intrude if I feel that something dangerous or illegal is happening. It hasn't happened yet and probably never will, but I reserve the right, just in case.

17. pygmalion

I'll keep that in mind for DS's birthday in June. Sweaters are apparently an epic fail. lol.

18. fascination

my son will be 25....he has a kid...one day it's "don't treat me like a child", the next day it's "feed me, love me, play with me"....I get whiplash.... and yea, I'll do what I want, thanks

19. pygmalion

Oy. DS is fifteen. I have at least another ten years of this to go? Shoot me now. *only partially kidding*

20. fascination

at. least.....read; dh has some of this at 50