Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Pretty impressive. :)

2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Going crabbing with Mum next week :)

3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh dear. The Title Nine catalog has arrived again. So...tempting...

j_alexandra likes this.
  4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Athleta is just as bad.

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

6. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

What should I get my friend for her bachelorette party? Booze? I don't know if I have time to go to a "novelty" shop.

7. Lioness

There's always time to go to a "novelty" shop :D

Maybe a gift voucher for something she likes? Unless the booze is good, it could be seen as a bit tacky and/or she might have things going on in her life that make her not want to drink much/at all. Depends on how well you know her, I guess.

8. Lioness

1) Bought a heart rate monitor. This thing is nifty!

2) Persuaded BF to go to the intermediate swing class next week. It's gonna be amazing!

3) Got to social dance with one of the instructors, who led me through all of this stuff I didn't know, and it was so fun! I love Lindy!

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Or maybe she might have things going on in her life that make her want to drink more!

10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Random compliment out of nowhere...I just went to the cafeteria to get hot tea...one of the ladies in line at the checkout said to me, "your hair is gorgeous"...I've never seen her before...anyway, it was nice...I've been debating what to do with my hair as far as cut and color...I've had a number people tell me they like my natural hair color, which is brown, with grey (actually, it's just about white) especially around my face...the feeling seems to be it looks like natural highlights...I may just go with a new cut and forget the color...which would have been caramel highlights...I'm not young anyone and I've earned every one of those grey hairs...

11. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

lol She might have things going on that make her need a drink. Like planning a wedding in one month flat. Including arrangements for friends and family from France and Czech Republic. They are crazy. :)

I know them well enough to ask the groom what the bride's wine preference is, and I better get her something, since I work and can't attend the wedding :(

Eta: The bride and groom are crazy, not their friends and family

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

It is 56 degrees today! And it is 13th January in central New York! Who said that the 13th is an unlucky number?

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well, if you consider global warming fortunate.... :)

14. pygmalion

Oh my gosh, P! Just searching through, looking for an old post, when I found this and thought of you. A friend was showing me this really cool site where you can buy not sure what to call it custom-made? non-commercial? Indie? Non-brand name. Nail polishes. Online. I think it might've been on Etsy, but I could be wrong.

A lady has a business where, for $6 for a small bottle or $9 for a large bottle, you can buy the most unique nail polishes. Very cool. One was called something like cotton candy. It has a pastel pink background and multi-colored, sparkly glitter in it. And she had lots of others. I had no idea that such a thing exists.

It made me think of you. I can just see you with unique and sparkly toes. *grin*

15. Peaches

Ooooh...what's that sight / what's the name? I'm always interested in new nail polish! (I've currently got on stuff that's hot pink, with uber-pink sparklies in it, with some larger silver sparkly bits in. It's called Gettin' Miss Piggy With It. Hehehe! Here it is, although it's more pink/less red than it's showing up on my screen. http: // www . amazon.com/OPI-Lacquer-Muppets-Collection-Gettin/dp/B0060A2QXI)

16. pygmalion

I'll ask her.

btw, when she and I were checking it out on Friday, she has bright silver glittery toenails. That reminded me of you, too.

17. Peaches

:)

I was inspired. I just painted my toenails alternating deep sparkly red, and deep sparkly blue. :)

18. pygmalion

You are crazy! That's what I like about you. :)

19. Peaches

Yup, that's me! I also wear a "dinosaur hat" in winter...including to work. Professional, schmofessional!

20. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Oooh, I love Gettin' Miss Piggy With It! Toenails hide inside my combat boots...who'd ever know???