Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

About to try out my new sewing machine...wish me luck, lol.
    chomsky likes this.
  2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Right, come back in six months and tell us how happy you are that it's 102ยบ in central New York!
  3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

I'm leavin'''''''' on a jet plane....I do know when I'll be backkkkkkk again....oh babe,,,I,,,,love......to go....ANYWHERE!
    6 hours to go and I'm outta here!
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I loooooove that song! Have a great trip! :)
  5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

That and "Blowing in the Wind" are the two songs my mom associates with her brother leaving for Vietnam. Bittersweet--he came back, but was killed in a plane crash in 1982.
    j_alexandra likes this.
  6. pygmalion

I love Blowing in the Wind -- the Peter Paul and Mary version, of course.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

blowing in the wind (p p and m goes without saying) is one of those songs that I would want at my funeral...one of those songs that I would want every young person pondering their purpose to hear.....the song is epic
  8. pygmalion

What!?! You don't like the Bob Dylan version?!?! *grin*

ETA: Actually, IIRC Richie Havens also did a version that I like (unless I'm mixing him up with somebody else who was also at Woodstock. I'm pretty sure that singing some version of that song was a prerequisite for every Woodstock artist. *Just kidding!)
  9. Lioness

Sewing went well! Look at this adorable little thing.

[​IMG]

Now for the adult-sized version...
    chomsky likes this.
  10. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Hope springs eternal: one of these days I'll find the perfect lunch container/carrier set. So many of them are so cute...but not leak proof. Or come in absolutely hideous patterns. Or are freakin' enormous (seriously, my salad doesn't need to be all fluffy in its container). Or it's fine for lunch, if on the small side, but I'd have to carry a whole second one for breakfast (metal tiffins, I'm looking your way). Or pretty, but oh holy crap impractical. What gives?!

I swear to god I've looked at practically every thing Amazon has to offer. No luck.

(Also no real need. The search for the perfect lunch thingy is an ongoing thing. I believe that somewhere out there my perfect thingy is waiting for me.)

(Also I just like "shopping" for anything organization-related. Yes, I'm a dork.)

++++++++++++++
    Why does so much stuff for women/girls have to be friggin' pink? Ugh. Or girly. Or both. I don't want pink bows on my [stuff]. I am not four. I mean, along those lines, why not just go all the way and put rainbows and unicorns on it or something. Cuz nothing says professional like pink unicorns.
  11. pygmalion

re: lunch thingy Have you tried the container store? Even if they don't have what you want, that'd be a mighty fun shopping trip. Dorks love that place. ;)

I also don't understand the love affair with pink. If you're a cancer survivor (like one of my GFs is) you get an automatic pass. Other than that, uhhh... pick another color sister. Pink = ewww.
  12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Peach, check out the To-Go Ware line -- way cool Asian-concept stackable containers-cum-carrier (there's a 2-tier set as well as a 3-tier set...and utensils):
    http:// www. amazon.com/To-Go-Ware-3-Tier-Stainless-Carrier/dp/B007EFG8Z0/ref=pd_sim_hg_18

These are commonly used in India -- do they appeal to you? There are some nice photos of them in use, filled with salads & such...
  13. pygmalion

What!?! And squander a perfectly good excu... err ... opportunity to visit the container store?!? The heck you say, woman! *giggle*

The C Store has a few carriers on their website, as well.

http://www.containerstore dot com/shop/kitchen/foodontheGo/carriers
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

And talk about gorgeously unique...I picked it up to transport my daily smoothie bottles to work. I wonder how it would work to transport tiffenry...

http:// www. amazon.com/gp/product/B002SXZ0VG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
  15. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

you know it's been cold when 41 degrees feels like t-shirt weather...
  16. Lioness

Went crabbing last night. Didn't even catch one crab. The family across from us was catching all kinds of baby crabs, female crabs...and one full-sized adult male! Yay!

And then they said that it wasn't enough to feed anyone in their family, and they gave it to mum and I. I couldn't believe their generosity. So grateful...now mum and I have half a crab each :)
    bordertangoman likes this.
  17. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Why not a bear?

18. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

that vid is "Blocked in your country because of copyright grounds"
    blinking US of A******:mad:
  19. Lioness

I fought the sewing machine and I won! I've now made two skirts...one of which I pulled apart afterwards to make the second layer of the second skirt. Circle skirts rock.

Also, I thought I would have to wind the bobbin thing by hand...turns out there's a setting on the machine that winds it for me! Day=made!

This thing is fantastic. It's better than mum's machine, but works in the same way, so I know how to thread it, etc. I'm in love. I'm going to make myself a ballroom/latin dress.
  20. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

cool :)