Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Grr. I hate the edit function. What should be simple is not.

Gotcha. Same deal here. I have gorgeous, thick, healthy nails. Always have. The only time I ever have a problem is if I abuse my nails (as in dozens of acrylic manicures in a row -- not the paste on nails, the file your nail down and replace it with liquid plastic kind) Blech! That took MONTHS to grow out. What was I thinking?

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh god. I did one of those manicures exactly once. I did it for a party...and HATED them. I was back 48 hours later to have them taken off...along with most of my nails and a good bit of skin, between the ungodly-long acetone soak and the dremel tool-ing them off. Never.again.

Also never again with a gel manicure. Shellac, sure. But not gel. This is not worth it.

3. pygmalion

The bad part (or should I say one of the many bad parts?) is that those manicures damage your underlying nails so badly that you HAVE TO keep going back, unless, like me, you're willing to live with months of the world's worst-looking nails. My nails were destroyed all the way down to the nail bed. Never again.

4. Peaches

Really? I didn't realize that. Eurgh!

5. pygmalion

It depends on how effective that acetone bath thingie is and on how enthusiastic your nail tech was, when filing down your nails and applying the liquid plastic. Those little paper thingies are supposed to protect your nail, but sometimes they are less effective than other times. I lost a lot of nail. Bottom line. Never again.

6. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I had a shellac manicure and i loved it. I peeled it off, fun, but probably not s'posed to do that.

I did acrylics for a short time when i competed, but never again.
    Totally agree!

7. chachachacat

My nails are the healthiest they have ever been right now because of coconut oil!
    They have stopped peeling and breaking. Yay!

8. raindance

raindance Active Member

Are you eating the coconut oil, or applying it directly to your nails??

9. chachachacat

Putting it on my hands and nails, and all over after shower.

10. Peaches

Heh...the little Firefox thinking symbol (like the hourglass in Windows...or old-school windows, or whatever it was I'm thinking of) looks like my piercing jewelry. Well, one of my pieces of piercing jewelry. :)

11. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Hmmm... something that is both random and makes me happy?

I have a .edu email address! Yay! lol

12. pygmalion

Sounds like a new job. Good luck! :)

13. wonderwoman

14. pygmalion

Even better. Congrats!!! (Where's that bouncy/happy smilie, when you need it?) Yay for you, ww. :)

wonderwoman likes this.
  15. pygmalion

Random: If I ever get married again, I want Jill and Kevin's bridesmaids and attendants.

16. wonderwoman

If I ever get married, I want to have a traditional French wedding cake. It is basically a pyramid of cream puffs.

17. pygmalion

Forget getting married. Just give me the cream puffs. :)

18. Peaches

I would, but I don't think they'd ship well... (I make some awesome cream puffs, if I do say so myself.)

In other random & happy news: minor crisis averted! There is ONE pen in the house currently that I enjoy writing with: my trusty blue Bic Cristal pen. Now that my favorite pen ever has officially gone to the pencil box in the sky, BBC is my new favorite. And I couldn't find it this morning! EEEK! But, I did finally find it, so all is right with the world.

pygmalion likes this.
  19. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Pah! Biros.. give me a Magnum .35 Goose quill anyday...
    "Do you feel lucky punk? Is there any more ink left in the quill? Or not?"

j_alexandra likes this.
  20. wonderwoman

There is a big box of them in the fridge and luckily they aren't very good, or they'd be gone, hehe