Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Entire extended family coming to visit me this week for my promotion ceremony!!! Can't wait!

cornutt, fascination and pygmalion like this.
  2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Random: Thunder storms in the middle of February. You're kidding me, right?

3. pygmalion

Random: How come I order the exact same thing from the Chinese food take out place every time and every time, the price is a little bit different?

4. Kelena

Kelena New Member

invisible and unnoticeable ingredients that keep you coming back are going up in price every time you visit the place :)

5. Kelena

Kelena New Member

It doesn't look like you need anything to fix - just take a look at your avatar :)

6. pygmalion

Hi Kelena. Welcome! :)

Great theory, btw, but that's not it. Last time we had Chinese food (about a month ago,) two dinner entrees plus four egg rolls cost $26.50. Last night $22.70. Can't figure out what gives. *sigh*

7. pygmalion

Random: Just bought DS a box of candy bars to give away on Thursday ... for Singles Awareness Day. To his other, single, guy friends.

He says girls are too much work. When in the heck is he going to get a girlfriend?

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

do not. ever again. hope for this. trust me on that

wonderwoman likes this.
  9. pygmalion

Oh! You caught me off guard. What a hoot!

10. pygmalion

I was just watching The Simpsons with DS. He has no idea who Antonio Carlos Jobim was, but he got all the Dr. Who references. I'm pretty sure this means I've failed as a mother.

11. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Antonio Carlos Jobim?? who's he?

12. pygmalion

Spoken like a tango person, for sure. ;)

13. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

I think expecting someone else to share the same knowledge as we do as hopeful but unrealistic..

14. pygmalion

Especially when the someone is under 16. :D

15. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Because you haven't said anything yet.

16. pygmalion

If I say something, it'll always be $26.50. :D

17. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I have the same thing happen to me with the cafe in out building. I've never figured things out, and just count it among one of life's little amusements.

pygmalion likes this.
  18. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Cento San Marzano tomatoes, large can, $6.49 at the Italian store; $3.99 at Trader Joe's!!
    They were on the very bottom shelf, never noticed them until someone left a can on a higher shelf.
    They are imported from Italy, "the best" according to many chefs.

pygmalion likes this.
  19. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

My mother loves trying new recipes from pinterest. Nothing wrong with that. Most involve chicken, with seafood, steak and brownies coming in close behind. But they all contain cheese and butter. This one is at least a boneless skinless chicken breast, so bonus points for not being a thigh. Of course you know what its topped with. Yummy but so bad for me. :)

20. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I can't decide if my favorite part of John Denver's "Annie's Song" is the mandolin or the oboe. I'm leaning towards the oboe.

fascination likes this.