Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Jamal

Jamal New Member

I need some Jordans. :l

2. Jeff Jefferson

Jeff Jefferson New Member

Have a nice day :)

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Heard on the news today about a really cool new prize similar to the Nobel Peace Prize -- the Breakthrough Prize, I believe it's called, where researchers get a big chunk of money with no strings attached to recognize cutting edge research in things like the human genome and cancer research. Eleven scientists got almost $3 million apiece. Very cool.

4. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

I bought some underwear today, and it didn't have one of those "Inspected by" stickers in it. Somewhere in Indonesia, #37 is slacking off!

samina likes this.
  5. pygmalion

Finally saw the youtube video of a GF's special needs daughter at her gymnastics exhibitions at "The Majors" last month. It made me laugh and cry. My friend's daughter (who has Down Syndrome) cheered so hard for herself that they practically had to drag her off the stage. I loved it.

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I have it on good information that I can be intimidating at work. I don't get it. I'm pretty much intimidated by everyone, all the time, so I really don't understand. But whatever. (Branch chief also was convinced that I was a professional dominatrix when I started work, which is so ridiculous it's amusing.) Anyhow.

It's strange...because I try so so hard to keep Me under a tight lid. Yes, I'm sarcastic...but that's me with the sarcasm toned way WAY down, because people don't get it. Yes, I have a temper...but no one at work has actually ever seen me angry, or seen the result of my temper, because I know it's bad and I do everything possible to keep a lid on it.

Sigh. I try so SO hard to be nice, and kind, and happy, and professional. Maybe I'm just that _not_ any-of-those-things. But seriously. No one at work has ever even seen the real me...and yet I seem to have an interesting reputation.

Perhaps I should stop fighting it and start trying to find a way to leverage it...

Random: Oh, joy. Cats are going nuts. Yippee.

7. Subliminal

Subliminal Well-Known Member

It's time to break out the black leather for your work wardrobe.

8. Peaches

LOL. That might send my branch chief over the edge. (I'd have to acquire some black leather.)

9. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

P, when you're quiet/reserved AND good at what you do, folks can see that as intimidating. Not a bad light to be seen in, IMHO.

10. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

need a whip??

11. pygmalion

She just uses her rapier like wit. Wit, not whip. Get it? *ducks and runs*

12. Peaches

Groan.

13. Peaches

Thanks, but I already have a riding crop!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  14. Peaches

Hey, P. I just finished (as in, the timer just went off and I just went and had a taste) making collard greens for the first time, using your recipe. Om nom!!!

I used one slice of bacon and one slice of smoked turkey. Next time: more bacon, no turkey bacon. The flavor is a lot stronger than I anticipated. I also used 2 ribs of celery, and half of a small onion (since it was hanging around in the crisper drawer), and red pepper flakes (since that's what I had on hand). Maybe a bit less red pepper next time, cuz it's pretty spicy.

It's gonna be a good week of veggies this week!

15. pygmalion

16. pygmalion

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. :D

17. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I'm at a free symphony orchestra concert. And apparently I'm more than a little tipsy. Who said wine was the classy thing to drink? This is strong :-(

But the music is pretty.

18. pygmalion

Stay away from the red. WTTW :)

19. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Red is blergh :-/
    I'm a Chardonnay girl.

20. pygmalion

Glad to hear it, L. Chardonnay has half the alcohol of red. :)

Lioness likes this.