Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

That must be why it tastes better :p
  2. Lioness

THough, having said that, they've started making wine in little tiny, almost alcopop-sized bottles (200mL). One bottle is not one drink, just saying. It's not like a cheap fruity drink...it's a cheap really strong drink.
  3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Not really true. Most wines (red or white) are 11-15%. Chardonnay is no different, usually around 12-13%
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oops. googled and you're right about chardonnay. Must've been thinking about another white. Riesling? Will find out. :cool:
  5. pygmalion

Random: I know this is a gross generalization, but I have to say it. Women from Texas are loud. Really loud. Waiting for the elevator with a high school basketball player and her Mom. they were standing on either side of me, talking so loudly that I couldn't hear myself think.

Clue: Shut the heck up, both of you.
  6. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Along the same lines, I don't want to come across as an Archie Bunker, but I work in the science field. There are many non-native English speakers. When they start talking to each other in their native tongue, they are LOUD. I don't get it. I won't go into how rude it is for workers/employees to have extended conversations in front of people who don't speak the language. That's for the whining thread...:rolleyes:
  7. pygmalion

I'm guessing Archie would've liked women from Texas. ;)

But yeah. I get ya. I think the loudness is cultural. I spent fifteen years married to a man whose native language was different than mine. One of my biggest pet peeves was the fact that, whenever anybody from his home country came to visit, they'd speak their language exclusively, even though they were all fluent in English. RUDE in capital letters.

That's not whining. That's [w]itching.
  8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Moscato is typically 5-10%, and Riesling is also typically low. Actually, most sweet wines are on the low end, because they have to stop the yeast converting sugar to alcohol in order to retain some residual sweetness.
  9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yes...re: this wine thing, about which I am an expert, color of wine has far less to to wine alcohol content than degree of dryness
  10. pygmalion

Yeah. I just got the two wines mixed up. I don't drink white. :cool: :)

Random: I can't decide if James Franco is an irresistible hottie or just an interesting character actor to be. Either way, though, I think he has a long career ahead of him. :)
  11. pygmalion

Random: I have thirty-something posts to go, before I get to 50K. If I was that spammer guy from Saturday, I could be at 50K in about 15 minutes.

I could just create dummy posts that have a countdown in each, but nothing else.

Post # 33
    Post #32
    Post #31

etc.

That guy was so funny. I was like, "Dude. What are you doing?" His response? (Something along the lines of) "Don't hate! I'm just creating a bunch of empty posts until I get enough to post my links."

He seemed completely oblivious to the fact that that might not be cool. People are funny! *shakes head*
  12. pygmalion

Random and irritated: Just checking out Huffington Post Oscar coverage and I am forced to ask a question. What gives with the obsession with women's boobs? Seriously. They're just breasts. Half the population has them. And here we are, a day after the Oscars, not not talking about movies but, instead, talking about cleavage, side boob and (this year's show stopper) nipples. Really folks. Get a life.

Happy and random: Daylight Savings Time starts, where I am, two weeks from yesterday. Glorious sunshine :)

Random and a tad worried: I start training on Tuesday and haven't even begun to look at my materials. *sigh*
  13. Lioness

I've discovered something I can work on with my driving! I haven't had a lot of experience driving narrow, twisty roads, and I think that's something I should be good at. I love driving.
  14. Lioness

Seamed fishnets with rhinestones up the seam...should I or shouldn't I?
  15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Also a no.
  17. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

yes

but not for competition ;-)
    Lioness likes this.
  18. Lioness

No because trashy, or no because impractical?

Because they just look so cute.
  19. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

Got diverted on my way to work..and saw a little owl in a tree.

And I am getting a cat ( rescue one)
    pygmalion likes this.
  20. Lioness

Cat!

On a side note, loving this whole "skater dress" thing...basically code for "dress that makes me look skinny"
    Love it.