Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Happy thought: First child ever who appears to be cured of HIV. Nice. :)
  2. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

An interesting observation considering that Zimmer owns the largest collection of synthesizers known to humankind. Not saying you're wrong... I guess I need to listen to some more of his stuff. Maybe it's an artifact of the movie scores he's worked on; there's a certain style of scoring that producers tend to want from guys like Zimmer.
  3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Interesting. I didn't know that about him. It makes perfect sense to me that people would hire a particular composer based on their style.

I'd also like to point out that I don't dislike his style at all. I have the Pirates scores because I love them...and have spent a LOT of time listening to them and pondering them. I like his style... It's just rather recognizable.
  4. pygmalion

Speaking of music stuff. Van Cliburn's funeral was yesterday, not far from here. Didn't go, it was full of dignitaries and I am just a schmuck and a fan. But I did listen to the tribute/concert that was held during the visitation on Saturday. Wow.
  5. cornutt

Received a new USB-to-RS232 converter in the mail. My old one was still working, but the company that made it is gone and I was not able to find a Windows 8 driver for it. Now I have a working UPB interface again... one less reason to have to keep the old laptop going.
  6. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

You mean because it's all the same (great) song just played slightly differently?

Lioness likes this.
  7. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

It would have been quite a different film if a Gilbert and Sullivan score had been used..just sayin'
    chachachacat likes this.
  8. Peaches

LOL. Pretty much! :)
  9. Peaches

So I realize that probably everyone else in the world already has this, since my organization is ridiculously out-of-date when it comes to technology, but with the increase in telework we all have to have a program called Office Communicator, or OCS. I hate the stalking aspect of it, and I'm not a fan of the instant messenger...but the fact that we can do a voice call more easily than using the phone (and with much better sound quality, and with hands-free), and the fact that desktops can be shared/control handed over makes it ridiculously useful.

I'm at home today, had a problem with something not running on Artemis, and the tech guy was able to grab control of my machine and reconfigure things. It took all of about five minutes. Freakin' awesome.
  10. pygmalion

I've said it before; I'll say it again. You are such a geek.
  11. Peaches

I gotta be me! ;)

Actually, I've always thought of myself as more of a dork than a geek, unfortunately.
  12. pygmalion

You say potato. I say geek. :D
  13. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Funny dream of a certain bigwig telling male competitors what kind of underwear they have to wear! lol
  14. cornutt

Well, what kind was it?
  15. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

[homersimpsonvoice]Mmm . . . geek and potato.[/homersimpsonvoice]
    pygmalion likes this.
  16. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Darnit, now I want leek and potato soup.
    pygmalion likes this.
  17. pygmalion

18. pygmalion

Random: The Good Son is SO nowhere near as good as The Bad Seed (of which I assume it's a remake/reinterpretation.) Elijah Wood was a cutie pie; it's true. But the movie was lame with a capital L. Just sayin.
  19. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

This education professor is fantastic. I think I might learn something this year.
    j_alexandra likes this.
  20. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

"Think of it this way. A bottle of wine is about the same height as a pile of essays...or a bottle of whisky, if the essays are bad."
    j_alexandra and pygmalion like this.