Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

*channeling Forrest Gump* Since I was a go-zillionaire, we don't have to worry about money no more. One less thang.

Love that movie.
  2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yeah. What a flippin' racket. Gotta love having the privilege of paying for production, and then paying for consumption.
  3. Peaches

The caffeine has got to kick in sooner or later, right? Right?!?! Sigh.
  4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Some days I think that I just need to walk into the headquarters of some company, say "I've seen your brochures. Your writing needs fixing", and get them to give me a job.

I love making coffee, but my boss sucks.
  5. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Don't you mean:

"You're writing need's fixing" ? :p
  6. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

My mother went PARASAILING yesterday, in the Bahamas. I really think that's pretty awesome.
  7. Peaches

I had intended to buy a pair if comfy casual shoes to replace my current Clarks. I ended up with a pair of sandals, a pair of summer dress flats, and a pair of summer dress heels. Dang. Well, I'm considering it part of my new wardrobe.
    j_alexandra likes this.
  8. pygmalion

But you still need Clarks. :D
  9. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Daughter and I are heading to Hawaii tomorrow for spring break. Husband may join us later. Girls Gone Wild - Hawaii!!!
  10. pygmalion

Yay for that. Have fun. :)
  11. Lioness

Had the absolute best workout today...discovered the glute hamstring raise equipment, which is just so fun!

Also learned that number one awesome author, Pat Rothfuss, is probably going to be writing for an upcoming D&D-based game, which is also based on the original Planescape game. No idea what Planescape is, but nerds all over my life have raved about the new one, so I guess I should give it a go. It's being kickstarter funded, and exceeded its goal in only a few days! It's now at about 3 million, with the initial goal being 900 thousand. I guess nerds everywhere are pretty darn excited.
  12. B. Reguise

B. Reguise New Member

Sort of like studio showcases? :D

(See other thread on rising costs of same.)
  13. pygmalion

Now I have one more data point. Yes. Gamers ARE crazy. I want to start my own business. Can you guys give me a million dollars? What!? You'd rather give me three million? Oh...okay, if you insist. People are crazy.

Skull Girls (I was selling it wrong before.) has five days to go and $50,000 to go. They'll get there. They've been raising about $20K a day.
  14. Lioness

But it's crowd funded, which means that they actually say "hey, I want to make this thing I think you'll enjoy...can you spare $10/$20/50 to help out, and you'll get in return a copy of the game/some t-shirts/a soundtrack/etc. each amount of money you contribute has a small incentive attached.

The incentive to keep donating after the goal has been reached is to allow the developers to make a better game. The game I mentioned has extra goals above and beyond creating the game, like extra quests, more soundtrack, better writers, etc. this game's ultimate goal is to raise enough to get the writer of the original game on board.

For gamers interested in supporting independent developers and not huge, evil publishing corporations, kickstarter is well and truly worth it.

BF is currently involved in designing and making a video game...he's in the process on getting everyone together to make a demo, which he will then use to start a kickstarter. If he went through a publisher, he'd have to be already established in some way, and the publisher would likely change the game to make more money, and keep a pretty solid chunk of the profits.
    With kickstarter, if the game doesn't get made, the money you pledge doesn't get donated. Considering gamers pay upwards of $60 for new games, it's pretty awesome.
  15. pygmalion

I was mostly kidding, L. I think it's a brilliant strategy. If you can come up with a product/project idea that deserves funding, people will pay. That works.
  16. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

The brilliant part is no one pays unless enough people pledge, so you don't have to worry about sinking money into something that might not happen.
    Lioness and pygmalion like this.
  17. pygmalion

Was it in this thread that I was whining about poor grocery bagging?

I checked yesterday at Target -- just started a conversation with one of the assistant managers. That Target no longer offers paper bags as an option, period. None in the store at all. It's flimsy plastic or bring your own.

Also, they do bagger training, believe it or not. I guess the training doesn't take, sometimes. :confused:
  18. Lioness

It's cute how tutors think we have time to do an extra 9 hours of study per subject outside class...that's...let's see...12 hours/week total per subject...4 subjects...48 hours/week, PLUS a part-time job? I don't bloody think so.
  19. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

" there is plenty of time to sleep when you are dead"
  20. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

are you sure? I hope you're right though.
    Mr 4 styles likes this.