Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Skull Girls made and surpassed their goal last night, two days early, with DS's proud participation. He's now a backer of Skull Girls, whatever that means.

He was so proud of himself for "being a part of something important." Cute. :)
  2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

quite:cool:
  3. pygmalion

Helping DS with his note cards for geography. Honest to goodness, the class notes use the words epic and epoch interchangeably. Oy!
  4. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Narita airport has free wi-fi. color me happy.
    Terpsichorean Clod likes this.
  5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Would hair like this work for standard? My hair is just long enough :-D

Attached Files:

6. pygmalion

I think it would look lovely, properly shellacked in place. But what do I know? You'd probably get more useful answers if you posted that in your ballroom/short hair thread.

http://www.dance-forums.com/threads/short-short-hair-ideas.37782/

A lot of ballroom people rarely venture outside the ballroom forum. They'll never see your question.
  7. Lioness

Good plan! I forgot about that thread.
    pygmalion likes this.
  8. Lioness

Just broke my first sewing needle!

Apparently using a denim needle to sew thick stretch fabric doesn't work too well across seams...
  9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You need the proper needle!
    nikkitta likes this.
  10. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

agree - the proper needle makes a huuuuuuuge difference. It's not a scam to get you to buy different needles for different fabric. You need to do it.
  11. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Get a ballpoint! And make sure you are switching if you are sewing woven too, you won't regret it! (Just try a couple little test seams and see!)
  12. Lioness

I was just using the needle that came with a machine I inherited...I thought it was just a normal needle :-(
  13. Lioness

Yes! DP just got some Latin shoes!

Now all we need is a shirt and some tan! Slowly wearing him down.
  14. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

If he danced on the Syracuse University team, I bet they'd make him use fake tan. After all, they're the Syracuse Orange Ballroom Dancers . . . .
    Mr 4 styles, Joe and cornutt like this.
  15. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

butterflies everywhere
  16. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

same for surgery...

ER visit??​
  17. Lioness

Somebody help me dress fabric was 40% off so I just spent $80 on Lycra, organza, and chiffon.

I am covered in glitter from the glitter chiffon.
  18. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

my sweetheart called me twice in the morning though it was impossible for him to speak. He's such a sweetheart, I am so in love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Perhaps you can ask mindputtee for some coping mechanisms.
  20. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

$80? You got off easy! My normal spree will run me $200+. And I clearly don't have a coping mechanism, seeing as I continue to purchase copious amounts of fabric. (I currently have fabric to make two dresses in addition to some more on the way for a commission.) I try to hold myself off from buying more by taking longer to design and drawing and redrawing designs over and over.
    Lioness likes this.