Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I only bought what I would need for dresses right now, lol.

5m of chiffon and organza (didn't have any teal organza :-( )
    2m of Lycra for a Latin dress, 1m of purple glitter chiffon, and 2m of blue glitter chiffon.

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

While in the process of losing weight it's rather depressing to find it hasn't really paid off in terms if clothing sizes. OTOH, I currently have wearable clothes in sizes ranging from 4 to 12, so I guess they're about worth the paper they're printed on.

OTOOH, I found an absolutely perfect, gorgeous dress that is professional enough for work and will also work for dressed-up casual things. The traditional 1950s-esque fitted bodice to A-line skirt with a belt sort of dress rarely fails me, and always looks classy.

chomsky likes this.
  3. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Hm. We've decided to start getting our dairy from a local place that delivers. They have non-homogenized milk available. Never had it, so I'm intensely curious. Cursory internet research suggests the cream top is good to use like clotted cream. Much debating...

4. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

in three days it will be Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!Friday is the day I'll see him again!

5. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

overheard in the workplace yesterday:
    "Oh, I don't smoke anymore. I only have one cigarette a day."

o_O

chomsky likes this.
  6. chomsky

in one day it will be Friday!!yupeeeeee!!!!!!!!

7. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I get to sleep with the window open and the fan on... I love the smell of spring.

chomsky likes this.
  8. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Spring??? It was 18 degrees and snowing here yesterday. Have a race to run on Saturday and hoping temps make it back into the 50s by then; really am a cold weather whimp when it comes to running.

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

oh my...it has been lovely here...but I hear that wort of weather is headed our way...yuck

10. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Archeopteryx

[​IMG]

11. Lioness

Car just keeps on breaking...today it is the water pump, which was fixed less than 6 months ago, not working again.

Not happy...but can't afford a new car.

Thinking I might look into a "car emergency" credit card...I'm good at paying things off, and bad at saving up. Once I fix the water pump, which hopefully the mechanic will do at a discount seeing as he put it in and it's already broken, it still needs services, tyres, etc. etc.
    All of which, once fixed, will get me a very nicely running car, but cost money I don't have saved up at the moment.

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I bet the part he put in before was a reman.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  13. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

Or a Romulan. You can never trust those guys.

j_alexandra likes this.
  14. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Vulcan wannabees

fascination and j_alexandra like this.
  15. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

You guys are crazy! Speaking of crazy, tomorrow I am doin' the Dirty Girl with my 16yo daughter; a 5K obstacle course thru the mud to raise $$$ for breast cancer research. Amazed I've been able to talk daughter into this event, since she'd much rather sit at home with her phone. But she said as long as we wear capes during the race she is perfectly willing to get out there and run/climb/crawl through the mud. Capes??? She's crazy!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  16. Lioness

Built up a friendship with one of my regulars...mentioned to boss that we're going out to town together sometime soon.

Boss says "Watch out though...she's, you know, a lesbian"
    I know hun. I don't really think I have anything to worry about there, lol.

chomsky likes this.
  17. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Lesbianism is contagious, doncha know... :rolleyes:

chomsky likes this.
  18. chomsky

now you made me smile you guys!

19. chomsky

I'm thinking of trying to pick up dance again! Who knows, perhaps I will!

20. Lioness

Half asleep boyfriend says "I love sleeping next to you. You're waarrrmm"
    Awww sweetie, I love it too.

j_alexandra and chomsky like this.