Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Exams are over! yay!

mindputtee likes this.
  2. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I'm a college grad! Wooo!

3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Woohoo! Only 1.5 years left for me

j_alexandra and stash like this.
  4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Saturday night at the beginning of the party I danced a waltz with a lead who is an advanced social dancer, that I'd never danced with before. A couple of people commented to me on how nice the waltz was - comments were "that was beautiful" and "that just flowed".

The kicker was the lead never danced, or spoke, with me again the rest of the evening. I'm not sure what, if anything, I did to offend him. I'm not going to take it personally, but I have to wonder.

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

take heart Purr...it may simply be that he feels a sense of responsibility to dance with a number of people...or some other reason that has nothing to do with his enjoyment of his time with you

6. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

did he say anything to you??

I tend to agree with fasc
    at our usa dance events, and as the prez, I have an obligation to dance with a lot of the ladies that aren't getting asked

the mrs felt I neglected her too much this time tho:( there were ALOT of extra ladies this month

so I owe her a night out social dancing just us lol

7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I too tend to get around the room on Friday night, and there are many occasions where I'll dance a perfectly good dance with someone but then not speak to her again for the rest of the night, simply because I'm getting around. I try to let every follow know how much I appreciated the dance as we walk off. After reading this, I'll try to make sure I at least speak to them again before the night is over.

8. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

I sweep through the room at the end and generally thank all the ladies for the dances

9. Aura

Aura Active Member

*gasp* My brutal, two-week, "mini-mester" class ended yesterday. Rejoice! :D Plus, I don't think I did half as bad on the Excel portion of the final exam, unlike my actual Exel exam (73. Blech!)

fascination likes this.
  10. fascination

lol...dh is trying to learn how to use all of the fancy functions on this kohler waterfall shower....like a kid with a new toy...you can send the engineer to law school, but he's still an engineer

cornutt and j_alexandra like this.
  11. fascination

pepperoni scallops or crab cakes?....who puts both on an appetizer menu?....hmmm

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Why not?

13. fascination

well...it makes watching the diet a tad tricky:p

14. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

first time I had three glasses of wine in my life!!!!!!!!I am like a small baby!all my dance experiences are life experiences, lucky me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!╬Łow that I think of it, I should have put this in the grateful thread...

cornutt likes this.
  15. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I flipped a tyre today! 100kg tyre flipped back and forward along a walkway...15 flips each way...did it three times. Feels good!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You're now ready for Strongman competition!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  17. fascination

yay...my 3:00 couple just cancelled...i get to practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shhhhhhhhhhhh

Mr 4 styles and stash like this.
  18. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

The weekend has begun.

19. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Gonna get my 3 year old grand niece her first pair of ballet shoes!!!!!! Excited!!:joyful:

20. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Coffee ice cubes. Such a happy thought.

Lioness and JudeMorrigan like this.