Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. samina

samina Well-Known Member

It's adorable. I suspect I'm going to be humming it at work today...
  2. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

at the beach with ENTIRE family (husband, mom, dad, sister, BIL, and their three boys, brother, SIL, and their two girls, my two daughters, oldest daughter's significant other, husband's son with son's wife and child.) And it's raining. Luckily, the 'children' are mostly all grown so no whining about not being able to use the pool. And, hey, it's the beach. Lots of laughter, lots of fresh seafood, lots of O2 for my morning runs, and lots of limes for evening margaritas.
    cornutt likes this.
  3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Happy thought: A major problem at work has been solved. By means of removal of the person who was causing it. :D
    3wishes, j_alexandra, stash and 3 others like this.
  4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

That's always satisfying!
  5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I know, it seems like it's seldom that it works out that way. So it's gratifying when it does.
  6. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Just checking in...been a whole lot of busy doing nothing but sleeping and working.
  7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

good to see you:)
  8. Lioness

Changed a car headlight by myself!

Only took me an hour, a grazed finger, and a lot of swearing.
    j_alexandra, fascination and cornutt like this.
  9. Dots

Dots Active Member

Rehearsal dinner today and wedding tomorrow.

Happy :)
    fascination likes this.
  10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

If it was a halogen bulb, I hope you didn't handle it with your fingers.
  11. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I managed to pick up my pieces and dance twice in my life. ..I can do it again then! I'll stop thinking about it!!!
    cornutt likes this.
  12. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Travel bug has bit! Looking at Branson, never been, seems lively.
    Taking some time off from lessons to satisfy the "I wanna go" bug, after Desert Classic. SMILING!!!:)
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Random:
    It kind of freaks me out that if I google something on my computer (on chrome) my phone starts telling me how long it's going to take me to get there. I think there's such a thing as "too much technological integration".
  14. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

What happens if you Google "world champion"?
    stash likes this.
  15. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Yulias pic comes up??
  16. Lioness

Love getting my book list. 2/3 English subjects in...

Victorian Britain: Jane Eyre, Hard Times, Middlemarch, The Woman in White, Heart of Darkness.
    Gothic: The Magic Toyshop, Ballad of the Sad Cafe, The Ghost Writer, In a Glass Darkly, Frankenstein, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

And then my other subject is Passions, which does 17th-21st century stuff. So excited. SO buying an e-reader. Because, at $10-$15 a book, that's at least $110-$165. Definitely buying an e-reader.
  17. Smooth Dancer

Smooth Dancer Active Member

Did you know that most of these older books are available free from Project Gutenberg? (Some are even free from Apple.)
    j_alexandra likes this.
  18. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

^^ this. I'm currently working my way through a bunch of the classics for free! :D
  19. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Just introduced 16 yo daughter to Weird Al Yankovic (thanks, Suburbaknght!) She thinks he is hilarious. Ah, another generation 'infected' with Weird Al's strange sense of humor!
    mindputtee, cornutt and fascination like this.
  20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

it served my little nerds well