Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

It's a toy piano, it doesn't have pedals. (I remember an early one where someone wonders how he can play all those Beethoven sonatas when the black keys are just painted on . . . .)

2. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Sweet!

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

New or used?

4. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

2008 model. Had 30,178 miles on it. Immaculate, local owner, all maintenance documented. And never raced. Yet. :D

fascination likes this.
  5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Comp on saturday evening...DP's GF and I will be spending saturday with small wine, chocolate, and lots of hair products and makeup. Excited.

mindputtee, fascination and cornutt like this.
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

That you know of!

7. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

I tried a new restaurant where they broadcast live streaming video from the kitchen while your food is being prepared. "TMI Fridays" it's called.

8. cornutt

:D

9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

"hand fruit"

Am I ignorant in never having heard this term before?
    I have since been enlightened, but... o_O

context:
    Fresh Baked Cookies .........$1.00
    Assorted Pudding.........$2.00
    Assorted Fresh Hand Fruit.........$1.00
    Snacks & Chips........$1.00
    20oz. Water or Soda...............$1.75

10. Aura

Aura Active Member

Eh? I don't think I've ever heard of "hand fruit". I've only seen the them labeled by their kinds.

Watching reruns of the US version of "Whose Line is it Anyway?" is an instant recipe for cheering me up. You know you're addicted to a TV show when you can quote some of the skits verbatim and still laugh at the best lines like you've heard them for the first time.

cornutt likes this.
  11. cornutt

Re "Whose Line"... Drew Carey is the absolute master of improv comedy, at least in the U.S., today. I give him major props for having revived the form here.

dancelvr and Aura like this.
  12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Perhaps hand fruit is the kind you eat with your hands, like apples, oranges, bananas, etc. vice pineapple, melon, etc.

13. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

YES, *ding*ding*ding*
    But I have never heard the term before. Maybe it's a cultural/regional thing, since it's in the "urban dictionary". The person who replied to me about the menu quoted above said it was to clarify that it wasn't fruit salad. But based on the price list, I highly doubt fruit salad would cost a dollar. I wouldn't pay a dollar for a single banana or apple either, frankly...

14. Aura

Aura Active Member

Yes! Drew is one of my favorite things about that show. The show was originally based in England, and I began watching it before it the US version. It was interesting seeing some things that would make the American censors [poop] a brick, I found Clive to be a bit too stuffy.

This is one of my favorite skits, and I have many. It features Drew's wonderful, infectious laugh. Regular viewers of the show will note that "You know it's funny when the glasses come off." Unfortunately, the glasses don't come off in this one, but there are skits where he's laughing so hard he has to take them off.

15. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Excited...7 days off and 3 dance classes.

16. Lioness

It's sunny again :)

17. Lioness

I've been on DF 5 years!

chomsky, cornutt and mindputtee like this.
  18. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

just came back from visiting my hubby! I am desperate to arrange to meet him again, had such a jolly good time!!

19. Lioness

Did really well at yesterday's comp. Made our first final, got a first place in a contested event, and managed a couple of seconds and thirds in events with 5-6 couples in them. Vast improvement from dead last in everything.

Oh, and we're now the current State Youth New Vogue champions! No-one else was in the event, but that doesn't seem to matter...

cornutt and nikkitta like this.
  20. Lioness

Finished three assignments today!

So I'm getting my nose pierced tomorrow as a reward...and then no more for 1.5 weeks...then another reward planned after that!

I'm liking this system.