Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

lol...in fairness, I usually don't...but it was right on the end....I mean, empanadas

samina likes this.
  2. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Would have loved to meet you!

3. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

i like the new blue.

4. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Sold a dress today. So happy!

5. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

love this!

chachachacat and FancyFeet like this.
  6. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

Random: have just realized that planned makeup and outfit for 80's party at studio clashes with dress for performance during said party. Now I must abandon my robert palmer girl outfit and try to figure out how to recreate the 80's tapered pants look for a Desperately seeking susan-era Madonna outfit. Were those things flattering on ANYONE?

7. nikkitta

only on skeletal teens, and even then... :eek: blech

Not quite a whine, so putting it in this thread.
    So at my place of employment, there are restrooms with a row of stalls. 4 are normal-sized, and 1 is handicapped. Now, I have yet to see any clearly handicapped people in this building; however, it seems like every time I'm in the restroom, and someone else comes in, they head straight for the handicapped stall.

OK, it's not quite the same thing as stealing a handicapped parking space, but isn't it a little presumptuous and inconsiderate to use a handicapped stall when there are 4 others available?

8. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

im 6'3" those regular stalls are small to me

9. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I'm one of those jerks. Everybody likes the handicapped stall because it's on the end, the door opens the right way instead of smashing you in between the toilet and the door, and it's big enough to turn around in. If they'd add one foot to a normal stall, I'd be okay, and no, it has nothing to do with the size of my giant backside, I just like to be able to wipe my butt without bashing my elbow.

10. nikkitta

Points taken, but the regular stalls are not, IMO, that small. I've been in rather cramped toilet stalls, so I understand what you're saying.

Then again, I have this irrational fear of using the handicapped stall and exiting only to find a person on crutches or in a wheelchair giving me the look of death for doing so...

11. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

They are when you're built like a grizzly-bear wearing a lot of turquoise.

12. fascination

today is my usual lesson day and I miss them...guess it is time to go back next week

13. bia

bia Well-Known Member

I have no trouble with an able-bodied person using a handicapped stall when there's no one there who needs it. If someone did show up, they wouldn't have to wait for more than one person, and I don't see that as much of a hardship. Unlike parking in a handicapped spot, where someone who needs it would have no way of knowing if you've just run in for a minute or if it'll be hours before the space is free.

14. fascination

right...unless the handicap is incontinence I am cool with it

15. fascination

besides...consider this scenario; other folks are in all the regular stalls...someone walks in with ...er ...immanent threat of explosive diarrhea....I WANT them to use the handicap stall...thing is, if they do and everyone else comes and goes and you walk in, it may look like they chose that stall since the others are empty...but that may not be the case...and now that I have actually posted this, I feel as though I should get up and do something more constructive with my day :)

16. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Happy thought: my knee is pretty much completely back to normal. Well, normal for me, at least. While I think a great deal of that is just a byproduct of time from whatever caused it to flare up, presumably the PT hasn't hurt. At this point, I think PT is a matter of: "let's see if we can't do better than that". Here's hoping!

17. nikkitta

Not to belabor the toilet-stall issue, but these occurrences I've noted are clearly choosing the BIG one on purpose. The others are empty. And heck yeah, if I gotta go really badly, it's whichever one I can dash into first. But the handicapped stall is the furthest from the entrance.

And don't get me started on the horrible wet splashy messes always left near the sinks, and trash on the floor. It all just feeds into the "I only care about me" attitude that I suspect is at play here. Earlier today I drove by a small cemetery, and along the fence was a bunch of litter thrown in the grass. Really? The people who live directly across the street don't see this? Or don't care?

No comprendo o_O

Now a Happy thought to balance this out: pumpkin-flavored everything abounds :)

18. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

'Tis one of the best parts of this time of year!

19. bia

bia Well-Known Member

Yeah, even so, I don't have a problem with it. I do it myself when I'm carrying a big bag or rolling a suitcase or luggage cart -- just easier to get in and out the door. Whatever the reason, it doesn't hurt anyone, so, fine.

20. fascination

one of my huge pet -peeves (as long as we are on disgusting bathroom protocol) is all of the women who are afraid to sit on the seat (which I get) but then consequently tinkle on the seat and cannot be bothered to clean up their own piddle...um lady, you are the reason we can't sit on the seat!!!!!!...

as to people littering, yea...I don't get that one...I mean, how hard is it to wait til you stop and then dump stuff?...I will say that I empathize with folks who live on streets where a lot of that happens and I don't think it is their job to have to clean it...that should be done by the city...or the cemetary