Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yep...for me, it is time for peppermint coffee....

2. fascination

oh...and cranberry wine.....

3. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I'm not much on coffee (sacrilege I know), but peppermint ice cream is worth callooh callay from me.

4. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I am happy that I get to babysit for the best 4 year old on the planet in a week. :) So shy and cute and sooo easy to handle. Best kid ever!

5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I like the space in the handicapped stall, but the throne is too tall for real comfort.

6. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Mentoring a class of brand-new squadron commanders this week (officers in their late 30s, early 40s.) Am told by the class organizer that I don't need to participate in the fitness activities this afternoon because they're "pretty strenuous." Sounds like a challenge to me!

7. NURDRMS

Smoked those silly youngsters. Of course, the fact that I'm used to the altitude at 6500 feet and most of them are visiting from near sea level probably had something to do with it.

8. NURDRMS

My basil plant has tiny white flowers. Who knew basil had blossoms???

9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Counting down...4 term weeks, three exams weeks until the end of Uni. And I'm not counting the exam weeks right now

10. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

URGH, I've had to pinch off the flowers from my garden basil constantly. Now if only the darn tomatoes would ripen. Might end up with a box full of green tomatoes. Overnight frost is imminent :meh:

11. JudeMorrigan

Happy thought: it's really nice getting routine bloodwork back where everything is comfortably in the normal range. There was a time seven, eight years ago or so, where I was a good bit heavier than I am now. (Those of you who have met me in person would likely be quite amused by photos from that period of my life.) My doctor at the time told me that if I didn't do anything about, he'd have to put me on statins. That was very much a "No. My dad is on statins. I can't possibly need to go on them at my age." moment. So I did do something about it. (Amongst other things, my triglycerides are less than a third of what they used to be.) And dancing has certainly played its part. So, yay!

chachachacat and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  12. fascination

this is one of of my regular cheap thrills as well...when the young pups from college come home for break to take my class, look at my body and think they'll have not problem....always my supreme pleasure to pulverize then :cool:...mean, I know...but I have to have some consolation

13. fascination

same here...so annoying

14. JudeMorrigan

Amused thought: so I had a PT session today. One of the exercises I did involved standing with my feet together, looping an elastic band around one ankle, having the other end of the band tied to the bed and kicking the leg in various directions. At one point, one of the PTAs remarked, "sheesh, look at his dancer's posture, his upper body isn't even *moving*." And then another remarked, "did you notice that he's pointing his toes as he does that?"

I hadn't noticed that I was pointing as I did it. Suffice it to say, I had to try to turn them into something that vaguely-sorta-kinda resembled actual tendus after that.

(For the record, this amused me because I have absolutely no background in ballet. Pretty much everything I know about it I've picked up more-or-less via osmosis. And because my toe point is terrible. You should (not) see my jive.)

15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

There's a reason why I don't do jive. Actually, there are quite a few reasons why I don't do jive. :p

16. cornutt

So the radiator top tank on our old Altima cracked and started leaking, which apparently is a common problem on Nissans of that vintage. Took it to an old, locally owned radiator repair shop this morning to see what they thought. As soon as I told the guy what kind of car it was, he knew what was wrong with it without looking (and he was right). And he knew, right away, how much it would cost to fix and he told me. And it was a heck of a lot less than what a new radiator would cost. And they got it done today. :cool:

17. NURDRMS

Yes, and I took great pleasure in telling them, once we'd finished the circuit training and they were all huffing and puffing, that I was leaving for the dance studio for two hours of lessons...

Sania and fascination like this.
  18. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Hmm... those dresses look familiar...

19. stash

stash Well-Known Member

1) 1 of 2 of my classes today got canceled. (Though I wish it was Digital Media that was canceled instead of Photog). 2) I get to babysit the worlds cutest 3.5 year old today :) yay!

20. cornutt

Getting cranked up for a small comp this Saturday. Shirts went to the cleaners yesterday. Shoes are polished. Costume for solo is ready. Dancing with four different partners. Going to be fun.