Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Next up on my agenda: naming my foam rollers. My Yamuna balls already say Yamuna.
    samina likes this.
  2. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

I saw this in the Target ad today:
    [​IMG]
    I like how it's shaped so as to be more comfortable against your spine.
  3. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Pro tip...if you're going to regift things, don't give them to the person who gave it to you last year.
    j_alexandra, cornutt and Sania like this.
  4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

How do you know they didn't love it so much that they thought you should have one of your own? :D
  5. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Yeah, you gotta wait a year or two so they aren't expecting it! Now you just wait and give it back to them either next year or the one after.
    Sania and nikkitta like this.
  6. Cal

Cal Active Member

Just soaked my feet in epsom salts after a hard lesson. AAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh.
    I'm wondering if I should do this BEFORE lessons, so that my feet are supple and responsive from the get-go.
  7. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Here's what a lazy cow I am. I normally come in, smear baby-wipes around on my face to get the most of the warpaint off, and plant my butt in my computer chair until my brain crashes. I found, while spelunking in an drawer for something unrelated, an old bottle of eye-makeup remover, so I decided to use it.

Like WHOA, dude- now my eyes don't feel like I tried to put them in concrete shoes and roll them off into the Hudson. Who knew that eye makeup remover would actually remove eye makeup? I've made the most amazing discovery.

Meh, too much work. Back to wipe-gouging.
    Sania and cornutt like this.
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I think it is never a bad idea to warm your feet in whatever way possible...I'd berather hesitant to soften them though...as, when my feet are too soft on the bottom the only thing that ever comes of it on a lesson is blood blisters under callouses
  9. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Protip: make sure you give that person gifts that you want from now on. That makes their regifting a win-win! :)
    dancelvr and Sania like this.
  10. Lioness

Well I got a $60 lingerie voucher out of it!...downside being that it was a joint present from BF and I, so he got some really cheap stuff back from them.

So, uh, he gets a say in what I buy...
    cornutt likes this.
  11. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Back to LA! Del Taco!
  12. fascination

it's official, my daughter's wedding reception WILL be at the Field Museum....putting the deposit down on friday...gulp...
    dancelvr, stash, mindputtee and 3 others like this.
  13. Sania

Sania Active Member

Yikes and how cool!
  14. Cal

Cal Active Member

If you gotta go out in 9+ inches of snow. . . go with a labrador retriever and a tennis ball. A winter wonderland!
    dancelvr, j_alexandra and Sania like this.
  15. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

An elegant evening of big-band orchestral sound, dancing, and catered dinner, you say? Certainly.

A narrow-knat strip of cleared-off concrete in a Cold War-era bomb shelter with a bunch of drunk rednecks misspelling YMCA and sloshing five-buck spumante all over... actuality.

So we were baited and switched NYE, but we DID have a table of our students, a boot-flask of the good stuff, and I totally raided all the empty tables for bonbons and beads. What could have been a bad evening thanks to misrepresentation and crap advertising was actually pretty great. Now to the whining thread to gripe about that concrete floor...
  16. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Don't let Sue eat any of the guests.
  17. fascination

:)....there are a few that will have to be present who I will be seating right next to her mouth :)
  18. Lioness

Getting an overlocker tomorrow! Janome 8002DX.

Also ordered kwik sew swim and actionwear, and Lycra is on special at my local sewing shop.

Gonna start my dress.
    Sania, mindputtee and nikkitta like this.
  19. stash

stash Well-Known Member

First good thing for this near year: All this beautiful snow :)
  20. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

hello and good morning :)