Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

I would think so. I've never taken a class, and I have no difficulty overlooking things.
    Joe likes this.
  2. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Whoops.

Anyway, I made a cute bag and I'm 5000x more comfortable using my overlocker!

image.jpg
  3. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Sunday night's competition dress-sewing error (accompanied by a full-blown meltdown) has been corrected by dressmaking friend. Said friend will also be correcting a few other not-so-perfect elements for me this week.

Still moderately irritated that said friend bailed on making the dress, leaving me with make-it-myself as the only option meeting my upcoming competition deadline, but still so incredibly thankful that she has stepped in to help a bit. I was maxing out my expertise, and am running out of time.

(The it's-fixed news may have brought about another meltdown - this one relief related.)
  4. Lioness

Fangirling so hard right now. Pat Rothfuss replied to my AMA question.

For the record: he doesn't have a cat. Because he's allergic. :-(
    j_alexandra likes this.
  5. Cal

Cal Active Member

I was quite relieved to be following a county plow on the north-south portion of the road during my drive home tonight through some white-out areas of blowing snow. But then I wondered it it's the same plow that's knocked over our mailbox twice.
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

How much were you planning to pay said friend?
  7. Entangoment

Entangoment New Member

I wonder if a phablet would be a hassle to carry unless wearing cargo pants. Guess I need to hit my T-MO store.
  8. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Sleep is a magical thing.
  9. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

WOO HOO!
    Lioness likes this.
  10. Lioness

Definitely going WWOOFing this year. Probably in July/august. Extra news...bf may be coming with me. Wooooo.
  11. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Couple of new dresses from Ann Taylor Loft!
  12. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I saw the most gorgeous purple Kate Spade bag today. It was seriously the shade of purple that momentarily makes you forget about all the morons in the world.
    FancyFeet and dancelvr like this.
  13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

there's a color like that ?...because I am not into bags but I'll stare at that color all day long if it works :)
    FancyFeet likes this.
  14. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Her going rate - went the formal order, normal customer route, with 4+ months of lead time. Bad call for business IMHO, as I would now really hesitate to recommend.
  15. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I have to say, it's harder to make things for your friends than strangers. There's a lot more stress and pressure.
  16. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Do you know that Friend had no other obligations?
  17. Hedwaite

I can't find the exact bag, but it was this marvelous purpley plum by Kate Spade. I had to actually pet that bag.
  18. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Buffalo wild wings now has a sriracha sauce. Omg. If you like wings and sriracha you should go ASAP
    mindputtee likes this.
  19. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Remember to rotate your tires every 5000 miles
  20. Hedwaite

I've never told anybody my one lifelong ambition before. Not my parents, nobody, not a soul.

So now that I've told one person, I feel really weird. That's one of those odd "little" things that seem insignificant until someone blurts out something stupid about it, or laughs at it, or turns it around and points it in your gut at you, so... hmm.