Happy and/or Random Thoughts #3

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by samina, Oct 12, 2007.

1. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

the fun part!
  2. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

Not going to lie, looking much more forward to playing with the sparklies than I was to sewing for hours on end!

Just gave the dress a bath to get out all the dirt, etc. it acquired from being handled so much in construction. Once dry, it's time to sew on ribbon, etc... the get-high-on-glue phase starts Thursday after work :)
  3. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

My pro has been encouraging me to break down and get a smooth suit. Last night, I thought of an added bonus to my doing so - I've been meaning to drop another 10-15 pounds or so for a while now. Sure, the typical reaction when I tell people this is "wait, how do you have 15 pounds to lose?", but my body fat percentage is really higher than I'd like it to be. It'd take some real effort to drop that much more weight, but there's no inherent reason I couldn't do it.

But a bespoke smooth suit would be a fairly major investment for me. I'd have every reason to want to stay my current weight (which is easy to maintain) pretty much indefinitely. So I'll have a nice, convenient excuse to not worry about hard dieting. :D
    dancelvr and fascination like this.
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

even if you lost it, you'd then be at great pains to stay there is better to have to take the thing in than to need to let it out
  5. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Chasing after my dreams, one baby step at a time.
  6. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

My White Noise pro version has cat-purr for one of the sounds! So worth upgrading.
    j_alexandra, cornutt, stash and 2 others like this.
  7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

New lead in the group class tonight. My age, loves dancing, and is a very fast learner.

He's super new, but if he keeps learning as fast as he has been, I might be able to compete with him.
  8. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Just got invited to teach an MCAT prep class based on my performance on the practice exams... Hopefully the real thing went as well:)
    Lioness, Sania, stash and 2 others like this.
  9. Lioness

Maybe not something I should be super happy about, but sister has decided to break up with her potential-to-become-abusive boyfriend. It's a bit of an unhappy relationship...he tends to answer for her when someone asks her a question, and he tries to control how much she goes out with friends/expressing he's uncomfortable with her wearing certain things. But they're 18 and they've known each other since they were 5, and it's been hard for her to see that.

I think she finally has. And I'm glad, because it wasn't a healthy relationship.
    cornutt likes this.
  10. Lioness

Oh, also last night while we were out BF was trying to stop a guy bothering my little sisters, and referred to himself as "I'm their brother-in-law"

So I guess the commitment problems are slowly disappearing, lol.
  11. Lioness

Epilating my legs hurt less this time than last time. Woo.
  12. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Active Member

Someone brushed the snow off of my car... and shoveled it out too. Thank you, random neighbour. You are awesome, and even though I'm not headed out anywhere right now, you made my day.
    sbrnsmith, dancelvr and RiseNFall like this.
  13. llamasarefuzzy

Just found out that my parents will be footing a significant part of the bill for me to go to nationals... Turns out that my sister asked for help going to Florida with friends for spring break and they f felt bad because I had always paid for my own spring break ( 2 years at Wisconsin dells) so they wanted to keep everything even. So grateful:):):)
    JudeMorrigan, Sania, cornutt and 2 others like this.
  14. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Yeah, those things are traits of borderline/narcissistic personality disorder. Not saying that's what he is, but the signs are troubling. Probably good that your sister got out of that relationship.
  15. Lioness

Dudes boxers are super comfy, except for all the extra room in the front o_O

But at $5 a pair, and better quality than most cheap girl undies, I think I've found my new favourite thing.
  16. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

All that extra room is for your old favorite thing.
    Joe likes this.
  17. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Got engaged last night! I'm just over the moon. :D
    dancelvr, FancyFeet, Sania and 6 others like this.
  18. llamasarefuzzy

Mazel tov stash!!!! That is very exciting!!!
    j_alexandra and stash like this.
  19. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Thanks Lamas :D IDK if this is happy or scary but the in-laws-to-be meet tomorrow :p
    llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  20. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

After nearly a month on a knee scooter I was finally allowed to walk in the pool today!!! Spent 30 minutes first tip-toeing and then actually putting my heel down and walking up and down one of the lanes in the pool. And the pain was tremendous. But I was WALKING! It's the little things right now...
    stash, j_alexandra, cornutt and 3 others like this.